1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window tinting

heap1000 Jun 8, 2013

  1. heap1000

    heap1000 Member

    Thinking about getting my windows tinted to stop the little ones boiling to death in the car (aircon not working at the moment).
    Anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost to do a 8p 3 door a3 and what is the best level of tint? Don't want it to look like a limo.
    Anyone had any issues with tinted windows? Peeling, bubbling etc?

  2. NHN

    NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

    Where abouts are you located?

    As long as you choose a good tinter, then no bubbles or peeling, I only use 1 company & never have issues.

    £2-250 doing all 5 is fair.

    Rear side 2 go darker if for kids, rear window usually I do the same as rear sides & the fronts minimal just enough to take edge of the sun/solar rays etc.
  3. Ironborn

    Ironborn English...not so good

    Got my 3 door done for 145, medium at the back, light smoke at the front.
  4. sliced

    sliced Drive safe, stay alive.

    probably work out the same to get the aircon fixed!

    And yea you generally pay for what you get, all these so called garages doing £70 all windows tints are very poor quality
  5. heap1000

    heap1000 Member

    Thanks for the replys, based in Carnforth (between Lancaster and kendal). Did not expect it to be that much. Only want the back doing. I work for a sign company and we do vinyl application so I guess I could order the stuff and get one of the vinyl applicator staff to apply it. Asked mate who has set his own sign company up and he said he mainly does flat windows and would charge £20 a side but normally gets some other company to do the rear. Not to sure on that one. Air con probably will cost a lot just to locate the problem.
  6. Pipsqueak

    Pipsqueak Member

    The Stealer wants £350 for an air con repair kit for my car. Not sure what the kit is but also not sure about going to the local specialist either

Share This Page