1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Scratches

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Power_Junkie, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Power_Junkie

Power_Junkie Member

HI all,

My drivers side window is getting scratches running up it, looks like where a roller has grit or something on it, anyone else had this and do the dealers sort it, I know Subaru had the same problem and it was a dealer fix,

Mark,

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. n25gabe

n25gabe Member

did you ever find what was doing this? i have an 05 sportback and have the same problem, i refuse to believe its because were both called mark! ;)
    I bought a polishing kit just to get rid of the scratch as they are only light scratches but VERY visible, stuck some tape over the scratch opened and closed it a few times and i have scratched celotape, now debating pulling the door card off, but if its anything like my passat theres probably gonna be a huge metal sheet behind the door card so not really wanting to do that

4. asasprey

asasprey Member

No mate pull the door card off and I assure you it will be easily fixable , more than likely by priding something back or tightening bolts

5. basssound

basssound Member

Grit in the rubber/felt seal in the outer seal.
    It will require either replacing or at least cleaning :/

6. S3 Dave

S3 Dave Now running on Heavy Oil

There is a trench depth scratch on my drivers glass due to i guess grit/**** being in the rubber at some point. Is there any fix for these type of scratches or is it only new glass?? looks like it's really easy to get **** in! poor design!

7. n25gabe

n25gabe Member