Window Problem!

uptoourhips

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm currently having a problem with my TT, which I only purchased just before Xmas. It's an Audi TT 1.8 225BHP and was made in 02.

I know that when you open the car doors the windows are meant to drop slightly as per design and then go straight back up. However, now and again when opening the car doors the window drops a good couple of inches (quite a bit more than normal) and doesn't go back up!

I have a 6 month warranty from the garage I purchased it from but they seem to be dragging there feet a little about wanting to fix it and keep fogging me off with the following (which doesn't help at all) -

To reset window memory - Bring window down fully and then raise window holding button up for a few seconds after window full closed

Was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this or may have had this problem before? I want to go back to the dealer with a bit of something behind me this time :weight_lift2:

I have spoken to Services at my nearest Audi but they couldn't help over the phone!

Any help much appreciated.

Its probably worth getting it on VAG Com to see if it throws up any errors.

When I first got mine I had the same problem but after I replaced the battery and add a voltage regulator it has not happen since
I am not saying that this is the fix because I may have been lucky and it just stopped but it may be worth a shot to check this out

ButchsTT said:
When I first got mine I had the same problem but after I replaced the battery and add a voltage regulator it has not happen since
I am not saying that this is the fix because I may have been lucky and it just stopped but it may be worth a shot to check this out

Thanks ButchsTT, I've been thinking battery and will suggest this to the garage.