1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

window problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by digin2zax, Jan 13, 2011.

1. digin2zax

digin2zax New Member

[Jan 13, 2011]
    hi guys new on hear, my window wont go back up, i striped the drivers door panel off today, and wen i pressed the window switch i noticed at the hinge side at the bottom ther was all wire at the bottom, the window clips look in tact, is it the window regulator i need to change? any advice would be great,and is it a hard job, cheers kris
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. Y83OLK

Y83OLK Hulk Smash!

[Jan 13, 2011]
    Sounds like the cables on the regulator.
    When i changed mine the whole door frame comes off complete, not too bad to do.
    Make sure you mark where the "wedges" go.. other wise your window wont ever shut correctly again and you'll get a wind noise.
  4. 19scotty81

19scotty81 Push down and across !!!!!!!!!

[Jan 13, 2011]
    Yip, definately the regulator, make sure the motors working while your in there. Take your time and mark up the bolts and it's pretty easy
  5. digin2zax

digin2zax New Member

[Jan 13, 2011]
    thanks guys, the regulator is pot rivited on, do you no what size the pot rivets are by any chance? an length? cheers kris
  6. digin2zax

digin2zax New Member

[Jan 15, 2011]
    hi guys, started window yesterday, easy to strip out, had to wait until today to get the por rivet gun off my pal, pot riveted on, then built back up again kwite easy realy, i did the heater matrix on my mark 2 16v golf gti last year! that took me all day, if any one needs a lift with the a3 door mech in manchester ginv me a shout! cheers DIGIN2ZAX!