1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window motor/mech broken?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by drewbee, Dec 25, 2009.

1. drewbee

drewbee Member

[Dec 25, 2009]
    Merry Christmas everybody!!!

my driver side window doesn't operate, i think its stuck half way, and i have to physically pull the window up and wedge some cardboard to the door to keep the window up - tho it drops every time i go on bumpy roads or when i close the door.

anyway, when i operate the window switch, i hear the electrics grinding but nothing happens.

anybody on here experienced this problem and know how to fix this?

any help please? its really annoying me and the last thing i want do is to take it to audi.

i have a feeling its the window regulator/motor, and would be easily replaced, but how hard is this? eurocarparts sell this part for £50
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. MattS3

MattS3 Member

[Dec 26, 2009]
    If its the same problem I had, it cost me around £150 to get it fixed at Audi I think.

It the mech that breaks, trouble is, if you keepo trying to press the buttonm it can burn the motor out.

Part was around £50 quid from memory, but I didn't fancy taking the door panel off to replace it. I'd probably end up cusing more damage.