1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Glass Replacement

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Sky Insurance' started by A4_MaJiK, May 11, 2013.

1. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

In a bit of a dilemma here. I'm looking at getting my windows tinted sometime soon but there are a few scratches on my rear passenger side window. Obviously these would be highlighted when the tint is applied. My question was, would it work out cheaper for me to replace it through insurance (windscreen excess is £75) or just do it myself and replace with a used glass (costs about £50).

Someone said to me I could get all the windows in my car replaced for the £75 excess fee including my windscreen?! This would be really useful as my windscreen requires replacing anyway.

Also, I understand this may vary with different companies but does anybody know if NCB or premium would be affected as a result (Admiral in particular here).

Thanks, Az.
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Claiming for a window doesn't effect NCB, I've made a few claims for glass over the years, I've never heard of anyone lose NCB as a result of claiming for a window repair.
  3. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

So I could just pay the £75 windscreen excess and get all the windows replaced including the windscreen and my NCB shouldn't be affected!? :huh:
  4. jojo

£75 per window, not the whole lot! Lol
  5. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

Ohhh...:3sadwalk:
  6. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

It's £75 per claim joe..
  7. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

So I could claim for all my windows at £75 and it wouldn't affect my NCB or premium?
  8. jojo

I'm going to smash all my windows up and test this now! :laugh:
    A4_MaJiK likes this.
  9. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

Double check your T&C's...there are insurance policies that will only cover up to x amount of a glass replacement and will only pick up the bill if you take it to one of there approved repairers.

There are also a few policies out there where a glass claim will affect NCB- so always worth checking through your documents before calling up and claiming.