Window function stopped working from my remote.

nelson19uk

There's no poke without smoke!
Reaction score
As above says. Stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that the windows auto close function from the drivers side controls sometimes doesn't woork either.

Thanks in Advance

Prob the `one touch` function needs reset. If this goes off then the fob closure does the same.

Drop the drivers window with the switch and hold it for 10secs after the window is all the way down. The repeat for the `up`position.

Then repeat above for the passenger side.

Should see you reet.

Paul

I'll give that a bash tonight. Thanks for the tip mate. Was woorying it was something major.

Its a common thing mate.

iirc its a software update for the Window Modules.
Its a FOC job at the dealers.

My window module ended up shitting itself in the end so the software was sorted at the same time as a new module.

Cheers
Paul

Dunno about the stealers like. The one in Aberdeen charges for everything. Bunch of Cants

Mine is out of warranty too so couldn't even try that one.

Can you do the sw update with VCDS?

Dunno about the stealers like. The one in Aberdeen charges for everything. Bunch of Cants

Mine is out of warranty too so couldn't even try that one.

Can you do the sw update with VCDS?

Not sure mate, NHN will know whether VCDS can update the software, I would guess not.

If it was a recall then the dealer should do it FOC. Failing that, you will just have to manually set them periodically.

good luck
Paul

Just reset them as Paul advises, fixes problem in 30 seconds, going to dealers etc would be a pita & trying to get update info from them can sometimes also be a pita, fix takes seconds & easily redone, I do often when messing with electronics in car & I have latest modules aswell, so not sure update would address this anyway.

No worries but Paul deserves the thanks, he was spot on initially. :)