Window Fault.

Grant_A3

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having a problem with both my windows, but mainly the drivers one.

There are two problems, one is when I put the window up, sometimes it comes back down about 3 inches but everytime it does this it stops in exactly the same place. So the top of the glass is lined up with the corner or the window frame, by the wing mirror. This is a real pain when raining!

Second problem is when I put my window up, it might stay up but the motor (I think) keeps clicking, like it hasnt gone all of the way up even though it has. not sure if the passenger window also makes this clicking noise as I wouldnt be able to hear it because its only a quiet noise and I cant be bothered to go and have a listen! I have looked inside the top of both doors to see if there is something blocking the window from going up but cant see anything.

Really dont want to take the door apart either to fix this!

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Car is a 3 door btw.

There are two problems, one is when I put the window up, sometimes it comes back down about 3 inches but everytime it does this it stops in exactly the same place. So the top of the glass is lined up with the corner or the window frame, by the wing mirror. This is a real pain when raining!

Sounds like you've got a blockage or misalignment somewhere. The window is meeting resistance which it assumes is your arm, so it lowers to save your limb.

Does the windows raise and lower at the same speed/smoothness as the other window?

Second problem.......... not sure if the passenger window also makes this clicking noise as I wouldnt be able to hear it because its only a quiet noise and I cant be bothered to go and have a listen!

If you want people to bother helping you on this one then you're gonna have to be bothered too.

Have you tried window adaptation procedure?
Press the window switch and hold till it goes all the way down, keep pressing for a few seconds until you hear a click.
Repeat when shutting the window.

Well its hard to diagnose over the net, but it sounds like the runners maybe got an issue & the glass is not going up correctly, sometimes the fixings, runners or cables break, the door card will need to be stripped down to have a closer look, cause I would hazard a guess this is why the motors still running if the cable etc has broke internally, as its not registering properly, speculative until in front of me, but does need door cad or & closer inspection.

You could try resetting the one touch.

PS. I tried ringing you but not getting through.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Ads - both windows open and close at the same speed. I was going to look but didn't think it would matter anyway because my drivers window is doing it so the problem would be the same with both more than likely. But I have just been and checked anyway and it wasn't doing it then. The drivers window doesn't do it 100% of the time though so it could be doing it sometimes. Ill have to keep checking.

Sailo & NHN - I have tried resetting the one touch. I do have to keep resetting it though tbh because it turns it self off sometimes. Maybe this is linked with other other problem?

Also NHN my phone is in the repair shop, has been for two weeks now :mad: Ill drop you another email now in case you have lost the other ones.

Thanks.

Reactions: NHN
I can look at this issue, if we do the other bits, now we're communicating lol

Ok mate thanks. If it could be done before Sunday that would be great as I'm driving down Surrey then so CC would be ideal.