Window creaking

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Over the past few days my drivers side window has started to creak when it is closed. If I quickly open the window a fraction the creaking goes away! I think the window is closing "too far" making it very tight against the door edge. I remember seeing some method of re-alligning the window by pressing and holding the window swich in certain combinations. Has anyone got this info?

Is this the dreaded window reg failure starting?

Cheers
Rich.

You sure its not the recent heat causing the parts to expand ? Try some vaseline on the seals.

"window reg failure" ?

Mine used to creek alot, when it was next in the dealers they put some silicon on. Now I dont get any noises.

I'll get the vas out tonight and give it some lub (ooh err!)

Thanks
Rich.

Silicone spray sorted mine.

Spray into the the rubber window stips and then clean them first and then spray to re-aply the areas, and it should be cured!

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
I'll get the vas out tonight and give it some lub (ooh err!)

Thanks
Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]Think weve been down this road before with the lube and rubber.Just remember if your keeping car for a while vasaline will probably ****** your rubbers.Wont do seels on car much good either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Do you park your car outside, any trees nearby ? If so you've probably got tree sap on the windows. A good clean and a spray with silicone/rubber lube will sort it out.

I get this as well, driver side only, mine doesn't satisfy any of your criterias, ie. don't park near trees so it's not sap, and not caused by the recent heat, so it's not that. It started heppening during a long journey and still happens ever since. As Rich said, you'll find that opening the window a little and the creaking goes away! How annoying. I think it creaks around the top seals.

Have this same problem myself i thought I was going mad when i first began to hear it cus it was so infrequent. Its every day now and like you koonl it began after a long journey.

Its defo around the top seals or somewhere like that cus it goes away when I roll the windows down a tad. will try and source some silicone at the weekend. She’s going back the dealers Friday for lights fogging up (new A3) and I have mentioned this creaking problem to them also.