1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Cleaner

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by jesters3, Aug 2, 2005.

1. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member

Arvo, used Windowlene on the inside windows, but for some reason they have gone all smeary and fogging up. Never done it before so it is a bit strange. Anyway, what do you recommend as a suitable window cleaner? Cheers
  2. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

I've only ever used a Halfords own brand, never had any agro with it.

Kev.
  3. myzeneye

myzeneye Member

i use either auto glymm galss polish or merr glass polish.... both work really well.......
  4. GARTHY

GARTHY Member

I either use a dry microfibre cloth, for normal cleaning and for more aggressive cleaning AG fast glass + microfibre cloth. I think a good microfibre cloth is the answer to clean windows.
  5. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

If the windows is very dirty use a little warm water with a drop in washing up liquid and a tiny drop of vinegar. Works a treat. If they're only slightly dirty use a microfibre towel. I bought one in Lidl for about £1.
  6. Stepho

Stepho Member

If your looking to polish your windows use an old Newspaper. One with plenty of black ink preferibly and a little breath. Can't beat it and it costs next to nothing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  7. MikeA3

MikeA3 Active Member

Newspaper???? - Does that actually work??

Just make sure it doesn't have any chips left in it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

seriously - does that actually work?? - not sure if i ile the idea of wiping a copy of the sunday sport all over my car
  8. Stepho

Stepho Member

Yes one of the best glass/chrome cleaners around, and the Daily Star is great value for money, as they tend to have big black newsprint adverts.
    I use newsprint for windows and my mirror casings.
  9. alexkoon

alexkoon Member

Meguiars NXT glass cleaner. Just spray some on, and use a cotton cloth or microfibre cloth to polish off. No smearing and makes the glass super clean. Also has beading properties - similar to Rain-X. So when driving down a motorway, the water rides up the screen.

I use it inside and outside.

So good I used it on my patio doors!