Window and radio problems with my A3

vixg1987

Reaction score
Hi there, just after a bit of advice.
I have 2 small probs with my audi the first is with its stereo (its the original audi 1) The volume seems abit odd on it, if i touch the volume control it'll either go really loud or silent, no nice in between....my bf has an A4 and has the same problem.....has anyone else had this problem and if so how did u sort it? I cant really afford to by a whole new head unit.

And the other problem is with the passenger window, it goes down fine then get almost to the top then comes back, and it'll just carry on like this until you put it up by hand. Its like it thinks there is something stuck at the top so it comes back down. Any ideas?
Cheers guys

The volume issue is a common fault. Some places will repair them, but tbh the head units a pile of crap, so throw it away and get a cheap Sony or JVC or summat from halfords.

The window sounds like its binding on the tracks or frame. Its presumably thinking theres somehting stuck in it so its opening again.

Yes it does seem to be behaving like there is an arm or something stuck in it.......would bits need placing to fix it then? would this be pricey do you know? thx

no idea, post it over in the A3 section to see if anyone knows of any common issues with the A3 window frame.

It might just need some graphite lubricant in the runners or something.