Wind Noise

I

imported_mav

HIya had my a4 for a month now, and just noticed that whilst driving that I get alot of wind noise coming through the vents both on AC on and on Econ. The only way to get rid of it is to switch off the heating or press the recyc button.

Is it common for these cars to have alot of wind noise, or is there something wrong with the heating???

Thanks,

Yeah mine is a little TOO noisey at speeds over 75mph .If I set the climate control to feet its ok. The noise is from the centre top vent (windscreen). I have seen it mentioned in other posts too but I dont think anything can be done. My next door neighbours son has a B6 1.9TDi saloon 2003 and he says it's quiet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I find that if set to auto, the climate often puts too much air into the cabin. I normally just switch it down a speed or two.

Apparently this is quite common on the A4 I was in a new A4 Avant the other day and that has the same problem with wind noise!.

I have the same. In auto mode it seems to continuosly pump air in through the windscreen vent which seems odd. I find that if i turn off the auto function, and set it to only use the dash vents or feet vents the wind noise disappears.