1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wind noise on S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by DPM, Jul 9, 2006.

1. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

When my car goes over 40 mph i seem to be getting alot of wind noise coming from around the window. I've changed all the seals and tried to adjust how the window sits by adjusting the door frame bolts. Has anyone had this problem themselves or not how to solve it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

i get no wind noise what so ever (even at silly speeds)..... u sure its the window rather than the door not sealing properly?

4. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

yeah the passenger door is fine, no noise what so ever. no i think the door is fine, the noise seem to be coming from higher up around the front and rear of the window.

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

I get a little wind noise at 150(kmh), it's suprisingly stable and refined in an S3 at such a crazy speed, or maybe i'm concentrating too much on the road ahead lol.

6. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

as i said, the passenger door is fine but there's something just not right with the drivers!

7. LYRAC

LYRAC Member

It could be the front screen if you have had a new one fitted. Try putting tape on the side of the screen over the rubbers and onto the screen pilar. If this cures it then go the the screen fitters and tell them that you arfe not sattisfied with the work and they will have to refit it. Don't jusrt tell them show them. It worled for me.

8. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

It's never had a new screen and it's definately round the drivers door window area! :keule:It does my head in!

9. bantam1

bantam1 Member

I had this recently and have not had a new windscreen. Seems to have stopped now though. Inexplicable.

10. madvw

madvw Active Member

Had this on my B5 A4, it seemed to be whistling from the wing-mirror, or inside the door somewhere. It was weird, as there was a draught coming through from the electric window switches too....

I never did find the cause.

11. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

What about the windscreen wipers?

12. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

Nope, it's definately the drivers door window area that the noise is from. It's doing my head in!