1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wind noise on rear passenger door

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by chrisinns17, Oct 25, 2013.

1. chrisinns17

chrisinns17 Member

[Oct 25, 2013]
    Ever since my new a3 was new I got a wind type noise from passenger rear door .. I only got it about 50 mph upwards .. I can hear it in drivers seat plain as day ? Anyone else get a wind noise from there passenger rear door ? I actually made someone else drive the car and I sat in the back it seems both rear doors do it but when driving can only hear rear passenger door .. I don't think it's a seal problem as both are the same .. I think it's the aerodynamics of car causing wind to go over body and cause this noise .. Anyone else hear this type if noise on there new a3 ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. coolguy

coolguy Member

[Oct 25, 2013]
    I also have this problem, took my car in and they diagnosed it and results.....

No problem, it is part of the design.

looks like quite a few are hearing the wind noise.
  4. chrisinns17

chrisinns17 Member

[Oct 26, 2013]
    Oh really .. Sounds like a faulty door seal but not
  5. AJB

AJB Member

[Nov 7, 2013]
    Mine's the same... I haven't yet got round to having someone sit in the back and try to work out where it's coming from, but by the sounds of it it may be a design thing rather than a misplaced seal or something like that.
  6. JohnnyM100

JohnnyM100 Active Member

[Nov 7, 2013]
    Several threads on this already.

Also worth checking your dashboard airvents are fully open and ditto for the ones in the centre console for the back seats.

John.
  7. chrisinns17

chrisinns17 Member

[Nov 7, 2013]
    Audi has mine under investigation .. Can't sort it :-(
  8. Johan

Johan New Member

[Nov 28, 2013]
    Had mine looked at by the dealer as well, was complaining that the left rear window was making noise. The answer? The right one makes just as much noise, it is not a fault...
  9. brad9753

brad9753 Member

[Nov 28, 2013]
    Took mine in for that exact problem. Always sounded like the window was slightly open or something; quite load at times. They sorted it and it is silent now. New door seal. Don't know why any other audi dealership can't sort others.. :S
  10. AJB

AJB Member

[Nov 28, 2013]
    Did they replace your door seals both sides? Lots of us have the same noise each side (although the passenger one is somehow much more noticeable from the driver's seat). If one of yours was bad and the other wasn't then maybe it's a different fault. If they replaced both of yours then hopefully Audi have a fix and others can get it too!
  11. AJB

AJB Member

[Feb 25, 2014]
    Did anyone ever get anywhere with this? Has anyone had wind noise both sides that's been fixed by Audi? Also are newer Sportbacks still the same?