1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wind deflectors & wind noise

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Boombastik, May 30, 2013.

1. Boombastik

Boombastik Member

[May 30, 2013]
    Hey folks

i bought a set of 4 window deflectors from ebay and stuck them on my car on tuesday night.

they look good, but I'm certain there is wind noise at the drivers side which wasnt there before when above 50mph

the style of the fixings on these are basically stick in with a double sided thin tape and there are metal V clips that you push in to the window channel

has any one fitted these to there A4/S4/RS4 and then noticed wind noise ?
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. D2NY G

D2NY G Well-Known Member

[May 30, 2013]
    I got some hecko ones from ebay, had them fitted to the car for less than a day and took them off & sold them, the noise on the motorway was just too annoying
  3. Boombastik

Boombastik Member

[May 30, 2013]
    yeah its the Hecko ones I purchased as well. ive had deflectors on other cars & can honestly say ive never noticed wind noise after installation before

hmmm im driving to York this weekend so i might end up doing the same as you if it annoys the **** out of me
  4. birch1983

birch1983 Member

[May 30, 2013]
    I have a set on my b5 and have had them on for approximately 6 months now. I find they can cause a bit of noise on motorways but not sufficient for me to remove them.
  5. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Active Member

[May 30, 2013]
    Guys, what is your reasoning behind fitting them at all?
  6. Boombastik

Boombastik Member

[May 30, 2013]
    my reason is that they do deflect the air flow when running with the window open, and I quite like the look of them
  7. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 30, 2013]
    I used to fit them for this very reason, but only on cars that didn't have aircon. Since owning cars with aircon, I don't drive with the windows open, so have no need of deflectors.
  8. Boombastik

Boombastik Member

[May 30, 2013]
    That's a valid point. Although I have noticed my A/C isn't very cold. I've certainly had cars where it's been a lot colder. Possibly needing regassed

ill see how I get on driving to York tomorrow if it drives me nuts then they will get removed en route
  9. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Active Member

[May 30, 2013]
    AC should be ice cold if in tip top condition. My point before was why use them if you have AC, my windows are always closed unless I need to hear that V8 soundtrack!
    A4_MaJiK likes this.
  10. Darren198712

Darren198712 Member

[May 30, 2013]
    I had heko ones on my old Nissan and now my Audi. I have not noticed much different maybe because I never done many motorway miles before I installed them. I like them as you can open the windows a tad when it's raining. Or when it's a hot summers day you could leave all the windows open about a inch and not worry about it raining.

I fitted mine with texflex/tigers seal and removed the **** double sided tape supplied.