1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wind coming through drivers door

madmark Oct 3, 2010

1. madmark

madmark Member

hello i have a a3 sport 2001 x reg the wind wistles through the back of the drivers door were it meets the pillor i have moved the rubbers around and checked the door runs true with the car and it does rubbers look in ok con any idears on how i could stop it thanx mark

2. talentwalsh

talentwalsh Member

Could it have been in a tip? My old almera used to whistle like a coal miner as it had the door replaced due to an impact

3. madmark

madmark Member

all looks true and in line and no new paintwork does any1 know how to change the rubber around the top of the door /window ?

4. talentwalsh

talentwalsh Member

Not sure of changing the rubber, thankfully havent had to mess with it on my wagon. The door may just need adjustment. Maybe no harm to have someone from a bodyshop to have a look at it for you.

5. DaveA3

DaveA3 Audi A-Trizzle!

tiny gap in the window seal?

6. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

On the mk4 golfs there is a rubber which stops the wind which is a common failure. Perhaps the same with some a3's?

You cant really notice it, but they just deform

7. scoobyra

scoobyra It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

I had this recently Mark. You could try the following:

Take the door card off which will allow you to gain access to the door frame adjustment. The frame is adjusted by undoing four bolts (one at the top, one at the bottom of each end of the door) and moving it up or down accordingly. There is also a small aluminium wedge in each bottom corner - the one near the A pillar adjusts the HORIZONTAL axis of the frame. ( The one near the B pillar adjusts the door in/out so be careful to make sure this stays in the same place. Mark it with a felt tip if necessary). Once the bolts are loose, you can pull the door frame up and get a nice snug fit (you may want to get someone to help you) and then Robert's your mother's brother! :thumbsup: