1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wilonso's A3 1.4T Thread :)

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Wilonso, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Mar 17, 2013]
    I thought i would start this thread as to keep everything in one place.

I have a number of things to do to the car over the next 2 or 3 months

Lowering
    ARB (Both or Just Rear ?)
    Wrapping (selected things)
    Backbox
    Remap
    Induction
    Fly Eyes
    Tints
    Wind Deflectors
    Front Lip
    Fog bulbs
    Interior bulbs

The first minor change i made was to my engine cover - Yes i know i need to clean the bay :)
    [​IMG]

Then i sprayed my front rings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then i swapped my wheels with a guy i know who owns an S3 he wanted my wheels and i wanted his so it was a win win :) both wheels were 7.5j ET54
    [​IMG]

I wanted my wheels black so i set to work on those this weekend

Before:
    [​IMG]
    Prepped:
    [​IMG]
    Primed:
    [​IMG]
    Sprayed:
    [​IMG]
    The last picture is how i would of liked them finished but once i applied the laquer they ended up being a satin finish so i may re-do them again, i am very limited with supplies in Cyprus so i will probably order some high gloss laquer.
    Centre caps:
    [​IMG]

I wanted the callipers to pop so i did them at the same time
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

As it stands now:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up will be fore me to wrap the small middle section just below the grill in black, My side mirrors, Rear Diffuser and Spoiler. - Gloss black.

I will also wrap my piano black inlays to a white carbon fibre - The sun in Cyprus made them fade so they appear a bluey grey.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Mar 17, 2013]
    Good paint job, good work, but I don't like the white calipers, just looks very odd tbh.
  4. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Mar 17, 2013]
    Thanks NHN
    I knew they would be like marmite, But i wanted them to tie in with the rest of the car :)
  5. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Apr 8, 2013]
    Just a small update, Lowering springs have arrived :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also had the Remap, Induction and Siliencer/Resonator (removed) completed at the weekend.

The car put out a miserable 118bhp Standard (supposed to be 125) But is now pushing out a very pleasing 162.

Print out, Pictures and Videos to follow, The drive has transformed completed it is so much smoother in every gear and packs that little extra punch it was missing, The loud suction of the induction kit is something iv always wanted as well :)

Springs will be fitted this weekend as will the window tints.
    aar007 likes this.
  6. aar007

aar007 New Member

[Apr 8, 2013]
    waiting for the videos, i did a free dyno my 1.4tfsi turned 132 hp STOCK maybe your lost 7 horses were put in my engine by fault :laugh:
    Wilonso likes this.
  7. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Apr 8, 2013]
    Well thats what im most disappointed about 118! its only a 3 year old car purchased from new! Every thread i read on the golf/a3/leon 1.4T all pretty much said that stock produced 130-135 which would of given me much more to work when getting a remap. I may not necessarily be that way but with me actually having that 7bhp that went missing plus another 5bhp throw that into what i just got from my remap and im looking at 170-175!
    aar007 likes this.
  8. aar007

aar007 New Member

[Apr 8, 2013]
    Wilonso likes this.
  9. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Apr 8, 2013]
    Wow! That would be quite something, I know the 1.4 is capable of 200+ as the cup polo and golf 1.4's are running over 200...

however if i am correct the twin charged engine have slightly different internals to cope with more bhp...

I am very happy with the 162 i have now it has really transformed the car! However if i wanted 200 plus bhp i would probably either go for the 1.4TSI (180) Golf or the 1.8T or 2.0T A3 which i am sure will be my next car as soon as i have finished paying off this one :) Il throw all of the pictures and videos up at the weekend once it has been tinted and lowered :)
  10. aar007

aar007 New Member

[Apr 8, 2013]
    the thing is i live in egypt, and customs on these engines (more than 1600cc) are about 200% so there is no audi a3 higher than 1.6 here, and i dont like the golf thats why im looking to tune the 1.4, or i can just drop a bigger engine in my car which is illegal but there is a few garages that can sort the papers for you :p
  11. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Apr 8, 2013]
    Well the best place to start is with the induction and remap if you have a garage that can do that for you (Im sure you do) you will not be disappointed! I am also very very close to you in Cyprus ;) (Originally from the UK)
    aar007 likes this.
  12. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Apr 14, 2013]
    So a fairly big update....My Volgtland 50mm springs were fitted yesterday and my god has the handling changed and they havnt even settled in yet, The car is a lot more flat round corners and a lot lot less crashy over bumps. However since lowering my car is screaming out for spacers!!!

On the same day i also got the rear windows tinted :)

Today i fitted my spi vision/fly eyes to the headlights, fogs and tail lights.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The light output
    [​IMG]
    Clean Car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully next month i will have my rear diffuser and side mirrors sprayed black.
    aar007 likes this.
  13. MTRL

MTRL Split Grill!

[Apr 14, 2013]
    Engine bay's looking nice and tidy mate.
    That's a nice height too, i'm dropping mine by 50mm next weekend too. Are you still on the same shocks?
    Wilonso likes this.
  14. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Apr 14, 2013]
    Cheers MTRL!

Yep Still on standard S line shocks, It will drop a little bit more once it settles in but agree its low but not too low :)
  15. Simon16

Simon16 Member

[Apr 14, 2013]
    Looks excellent buddy, I bet its easy to keep clean with the great weather you have over there!
    Wilonso likes this.
  16. Wilonso

Wilonso Member

[Apr 15, 2013]
    Thanks Simon, It is and it isnt although its incredibly hot and sunny its also veeeeeeeery dusty so it pretty much bakes onto the car!
  17. Jonathaan

Jonathaan Diesel Power!

[May 5, 2013]
    Looking nice, love the little touches :thumbsup:
    Wilonso likes this.
  18. aar007

aar007 New Member

[May 29, 2013]
    hey Wilonso remember the loba turbo i mentioned before ? , well i have sent them a message about fitting it to a3 1.4tfsi this was their reply and with some guy's project on a golf 1.4 122 :
    "hi yes it will fit but is not plug and play, boost pipe and intake will need adaptation, yes world wide .. see here as this customer did as your thinking My Project 1.4 TSI 122 Stage 3 Turbo upgrade ..think LOBA LO270 :) | VAGOC.co.uk"
    doesn't look easy but if it reaches what they claim it will be worth it
    Wilonso likes this.