Will these wheels fit a C5?

DGSdale

Reaction score
Hi, I've seen a set of wheels on ebay which have come off an A5. They're 8.5 x 18 with an offset of 29 and are shod with 245/40's. Does anyone know if these would fit my 2003 C5 A6 quattro without any issues.?

They the same as these by chance?

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/genuine-set-of-18-10-v-spoke-alloys-and-goodyear-tyres.248965/

You need to check the centre bore measurements as the A5 is 66.6 and the older Audi's (i think) are smaller at 57.1. You can get spigot adapters to make them fit though.

Your main issue will likely be the low offset. Typically the offset on the A5 is very low (ET26-33) compared to the A4 or A6 (ET39-45). Im currently running some 20" rotors from a newer model A6 (centre bores are the same, might sell them for A5 ones though if i find a buyer http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/genuine-audi-20-rotors-hyper-silver.250319/) and the offset is a tad too high. I have spacers and its very close to how I want them, but I'm OCD about these things!

I would double check with other members, but I would imagine they would stick out a fair bit on the A6?

Thanks for the reply. No, it's not those you've linked to but as you suggest it was the small offset I was concerned about. I think I'll keep looking.

You saw my car? I'm running 8J ET43 with a 8mm spacer up front (so ET35) and a 15mm spacer behind, (so ET28).

You saw my car? I'm running 8J ET43 with a 8mm spacer up front (so ET35) and a 15mm spacer behind, (so ET28).

Nice car mate. Wheels look spot on!

As you saw when running 15s up front, they do stick out a bit too much for my tastes (and yours it seems!), so while the rears will look decent, the fronts are probably going to be an issue...

Add the need for an adaptor to get the right centre bore and I think the OPs choice to keep looking is probably sensible!

Reactions: quattrojames

Yep, I saw your car and I've seen the pictures in your thread and I like it but these wheels are 8.5 wide ET 29, so that additional half inch is all to the outside of the wheel in comparison to your rears.

I quite agree, hence me giving you the offset of mine to show you just how much difference that half inch can make!

Thanks for your comments guys.