Will the wait never end...........

mr_sjc

Reaction score
Hi All

Hope you are all well and good.

Ive got a Sportback on order thats apparently with the dealer and its waiting the cruise control module to arrive from Germany, anyone know if this is a major fit? Im going insane waiting for a delivery date......

TTFN Simon

Hi All

Hope you are all well and good.

Ive got a Sportback on order thats apparently with the dealer and its waiting the cruise control module to arrive from Germany, anyone know if this is a major fit? Im going insane waiting for a delivery date......

TTFN Simon

Not sure if it is a big job or not but surprised this is a dealer/garage fit I would have thought this would be standard factory fitting

Plenty of people retro fit cruise to various Audi models, so I would have thought it's a small job for a dealer workshop. However, I would also have expected this to be factory fit.

I assume this is a retro fit for a standard cruise control - ACC would be much more difficult and only likely to be factory fitted, although I have seen a web page about someone doing a diy retro fit on another Audi model.

Cruise control is factory fit if ordered with it. Did you ammend the order to add it at any point? Might have missed the date you can change the order and instead your dealer chose to fit it themselves when it arrived.

Thanks guys, the cc was ordered when the cars were. We ordered 2 via a leasing company and we were told that to jump the queue the cars were supplied to the dealer without cc and the cc units were then ordered from Audi and they are waiting shipment.

I thought it weird that these would be fitted by the dealer. I may just call the dealers where the cars are to see what they say. Ive been given both reg numbers.

Cheers

Ah that makes sense then. The cars would have already been in the build queue (just without the CC), so it was quicker to receive them without ammendments and then the dealer can retrofit the CC after delivery. It's a very simple job for the dealer to do so shouldn't take more than an hour or so per car.

If the stalk types are back order, which considering its a new chassis & allot of parts wont be on the shelf at Birmingham, then it could take several weeks for the part to arrive.

Thanks for all the replies, finally got the car today. Very nice, ill post some piccies later..........

Just got to make sure I take the longest way round on my trips...