Will springs get rid of this??

AUDI_ADDICT

Reaction score
Hi,

Will springs alone get rid of this gap??

IMAG0528

Was looking at coils, as I wanted to drop the ride height, but I dont want to deck it and tuck the wheels in as its an every day car.

Would love to buy a complete kit but funds wont allow atm..so looking to get some springs soon, then match with maybe some Koni FSD's or something later??

Have read a few threads on this topic, but there has been so many posts Im not sure what would be the best way to go.

Car is '07 Tdi 170 Sportback S line DSG on standard RS6 5-spoke 18's. 61k on the clock. Might also look at 19's for the summer so might need to accomodate this too..

Thanks for any advice

Matt

You can get coils and set them higher up, a lot of people run coils right at the bottom limit but you can (on an S3 anyway) run KWs at the same height as H&R springs. The other thing to consider is uprated dampers to match the spribgs, or you might end up with a bouncy ride. I'd say if just after a temporary fix then get springs but for doing any miles on, or for long term, get yourself coilovers. And spend as much as you can, coilovers are definitely a "you get what you pay for" deal.

yh you should be able to match up with konis but the recommended springs with the eibachs are the blisteins.

the eibachs are 40mm front and 50mm back

this is how mine sits with the 19s

file-8.jpg

yh you should be able to match up with konis but the recommended springs with the eibachs are the blisteins.

the eibachs are 40mm front and 50mm back

this is how mine sits with the 19s

file-8.jpg

Nice. I see youve ditched the winter rims already.. they're nice wheels fella.

I'd say no. Springs will not 'get rid' of that gap. They'll reduce it, you'll be disappointed and wish you'd bought coilovers like most other people who buy springs ... Maybe.

Got the Eibach Sportline fitted yesterday, and i'd say it has taken about an inch off the ride height (S Line), which im happy with..

IMAG0932

(those kerb marks came with the alloys...not my input thankfully)

IMAG0929

..and am pretty impressed with how comfortable it is. Better than the standard setup, still firm, but not crashy. Need to do a few miles on them to see if they settle any more. Also need some spacers...or better, a new set of rims. Currently standard 7.5 ET54 so sit in the arch a bit.