1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will my amp overheat?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_Sem, Jan 2, 2005.

1. imported_Sem

imported_Sem Guest

Hi guys,

Just a quick question...

I know many of you have installed your sub amps behind the rear speaker panel as shown in AndyMacs stealth sub install guide.

I have just done the same in my MK4 Golf and was just wondering if anyone has had any 'overheating' issues with the amplifier stuffed in this small area?

The amp i've installed in my car was removed from my old S3 where it was fitted in the same place, never had any problems with that.

Just looking for a bit of re-assurance as I don't wanna set my car alight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I'd like to know too, pain in the ar5e to remove if it breaks aswell... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
  3. imported_Sem

imported_Sem Guest

Tell me about it, especially if you're keeping the OEM HU (with no sub control) and realise you need to turn the gain on the amp up a little..

....off with the panel again!!
  4. monty77

monty77 Member

Mine is there now too, albeit on the opposite side of the car. Amp will have a thermal cutoff anyway before anything dangerous could happen.

Adam
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I'm just taking precautions, never had an amp overheat on me yet. Currently got the gains at MAX and a Bass Controller set to around 3/4's.