Will it start?

What do you guys think?

• Total voters
I

imported_unkle

Been working in Iraq for the last 4 months, had my car garaged all the time and I'm coming home for some R+R in a few days, gonna take it easy for the first few miles obviously but just wondered if its gonna start first time???

should start first turn, just the same as normal.

Battery may be a bit low, Alarm sensors etc do have some drain, might be worth putting her on charge overnight when you get home.

hehe, looks like a good post to run a book on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4 months... I reckon click click click as the solenoid desperately tries to throw in the starter... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4 months ?
I don't even think there'll be enough power to open the doors.
You'll have to do it manually.

Used to leave my Golfs for 3 months at a time parked up in the garage and they always started. The only problem I had was a flat tyre once.

I reckon it'll start.

J.

Yeah I reckon it'll start as well. TDIs tend to catch quite quickly.

Remember to use ultra-low revs until the car is properly warmed up, as the oil will have settled in the sump over that time.

Diesels are higher compression though, so harder to turn over, also you've got glow plugs to power up first as well....

After suffering a mild stroke, my father can leave the car unused for weeks at a time. It does start after a few more revolutions than normal, but you should see the cloud of smoke that comes out the back when it does. It's embarrassing.

Make sure the garage door is open when you do try to start it! I think it will, as long as the battery has enough juice.

[ QUOTE ]
Diesels are higher compression though, so harder to turn over, also you've got glow plugs to power up first as well....

[/ QUOTE ]

You also get a much more beefy battery to compensate...

Oh, sorry, forgot to mention. My father has a 5 year old A4 1.9 130. So not quite the same. Considering ours is much younger and EU4 compliant, I hope it doesn't smoke quite as much as his!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but not as big as they used to be, some old diesels used to have two huge batteries!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but not as big as they used to be, some old diesels used to have two huge batteries!

[/ QUOTE ]

But I'm not that old so wouldn't know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just to let you know, started first time!

Also, its fcuking freezing in the uk. house prices are still far too much and HOW MUCH FOR DIESEL!?!?!?!

*edit*

How do I get it so that when I open it with the remote the boot and passenger door are all unlocked as well?

Should do, my passat TDi was off the road for 6 months and still started first time, the only thing that didn't work was the climate control as the gas had leaked out!