Will it fit

simon.m

Reaction score
hi all dose any one no if a audi a4 concert cd player from an 2006 will fit my 52 plate it looks the same
but dont wont to but it if audi made some small change to them that i cant see

thanks guys

This LINK might help you to get some answers....

Oooh, harsh! ha

Will it fit?

Hi all. Does anyone know if an Audi a4 concert cd player from a 2006 will fit my 52 plate? It looks the same,
but dont want to buy it if Audi made some small change to them that i cant see.

Thanks guys

Maybe now you can answer him lostbok, because I sure as hell have no idea about the answer, haha :moa:

i take it you dont know lostbok. as for the link you kindly posted
when it comes to my spealling and grammar its not the best as i have Dyslexia witch im sure you know
makes wrighting hard.

Is it fair to say that Lostbok is always this harsh? I don't know him! Anyway, don't worry about the spelling and stuff dude, I think people get too caught up on that. Just put a smile at the end of each sentance and nobody can be annoyed! :yahoo: (see...it works)

im not worried mate im 36 now so really dont mind :) just thought if lostbok could take the time to wright some thing it should have been the anwers hahaha

Apologies for having a dig, that's a fair enough reason: a friend of mine has very bad dyslexia and actually pre-types his forum posts in MS Word (or OOO-Writer) - and sometimes has to ask people to see why the Word Grammar checker can't make sense of what he has typed: he reckons he gets a lot more useful replies if it looks like he's put the effort in for the question (but no need for special fonts of colours schemes ;) ).

In my defence, you first post did just look like a lot of abreviations and aboslutely no punctuation, rather than just a few words that could obviously be swapped for the correct ones and beyond that, I wasn't planning on sending that link at first: I thought I'd hit my shortcut for the ICE forum (which I was planning to send a link for), but it went back to the B6 forum and that post was jumping out at me... so it seemd to WANT to be send (cue creepy music).... I was pushed for time, so I just thought "sod it" and sent that instead... whoops!

The answer:
It might be worth checking with the guys in the ICE forum (LINK), but I am pretty certain that most B7 AV equipment can be seamlessly ported over to the B6's - with the only exceptions being some issues with the RNS-E and red DIS and also getting all the bluetooth features on early 2001 B6's: but for the purposes of retro-fitting a later model Concert into a B6, it should be fine.

Last edited:
IMO dyslexia is a type of disease when young people are to lazy to read and because of that don't know how to spell.
And when they grow up they have an excuse. I employ 20 people age 16-50 and half of them cant spell or write correctly.
And the funny thing is that older people handle it better than younger.
Sorry for OT.

IMO dyslexia is a type of disease when young people are to lazy to read and because of that don't know how to spell.
And when they grow up they have an excuse. I employ 20 people age 16-50 and half of them cant spell or write correctly.
And the funny thing is that older people handle it better than younger.
Sorry for OT.

erm...ok

thanks for the apology lostbok was not needed but thanks all the same
ummm slepy take it from some one that has dyslexia it is in no way as we are/where lazy when we was growing up
the reading side of it is where you see the words all messed up as for the spealing well thats more of a speal it how it sounds not how it looks
but i will agree as i have gotten older its got alot easyer for me over the years. it does not stop us doing any thing in life just holds you back a bit at times
i mean i still own an audi lol and can refurbish an alloy wheel with in under 2 hrs and have it back on the car

ps
i think every one needs to cheack there posts before adding them lol just a hint lostbok lol
also please no one should take any of this to heart i am just joking with you ill put a few of these here ........ as i no im missing a few up there :laugh:

Simon I didn't mean that when you have dislexia you are worse than someone who doesn't have it.
At the end of the day it is just writing and am sure that we all understood what you were asking about.
What I was trying to say is that for some not educated people it is a good excuse for not having a clue about basic grammar and spelling.
I'm in UK for about 3 years and English isn't my first language, but am trying to write as well as I can.
Simply don't want to annoy other people when they read my posts.

i no where you are coming from mate my girlfrend is from czech so i no just what you mean
any how thats enought about that a. lets talk cars and how the hell do i get a photo of mine
on here like you guys do

Hi, It's easy. Just few steps.
1. Create account on photobucket.com
2. Add pictures.
3. After adding pictures you can see that under every one of them you have:
Email & IM +link for example http://s571.photobucket.com/s156/sle...t=IMG_2387.jpg
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code
4. All you need to do is copy code from IMG Code and paste it in your post.
Hope it helps.

Ahh the old dyslexia vs Laziness argument! Covered in great detail HERE ;)

In Lostboks defence, there are lots of users on here with a great deal of knowledge, and I suspect that most of them will answer the posts which are easiest to read first. As mentioned pre typing on a Word document first will help all those involved.

There's a great sticky HERE detailing how to post pictures. (Serious Link!)

And back to the original question ..... now what was it? lol ..... As far as I know the Concert unit's didn't change over the years - why not take the opportunity to upgrade the HU at this time?

hmmm.... not sure I quite agree with that...
crazy88 - and you thought I was being harsh!?!!

Granted, there's a lot of people that use it as an excuse, but I know some very, very smart guys who read a lot on pretty heavy, in-depth subjects, but really, really struggle with picking the "write word for the rite occaision" (SIC) - for example, the friend I referred to earlier, got a 1st class degree from Cambridge and now gets paid well over £1m a year for his financial analysis skills... he still can't spell, but at least he gets to have a pretty smug grin on his face about it and a great big ":p" to the world :)

I do stand by my point that it might take 30secs longer to write the post in MS Word and then Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V it across into the forums, but as per my friend's experience: it'll save a lot of needless debating of side issues and normally get you the answers that you're after a lot faster :)

why not take the opportunity to upgrade the HU at this time?
I'm kinda guessing that a 2006 "Concert" will be the MP3 capable ConcertII... no guarantees though...

Time to go 2DIN and put a Symphony (6xCD front loader) or RNS-E in there?

thanks guys ill have to get a photo of my car on here like you guys do.

I'm kinda guessing that a 2006 "Concert" will be the MP3 capable ConcertII... no guarantees though...

Time to go 2DIN and put a Symphony (6xCD front loader) or RNS-E in there?

I have the Symphony in mine, and the only thing I like is the double DIN, haha. I loaded up all 6 cd's when i got it, and within 10minutes was bored and they've just sat in there since. I now use a ghetto method of connecting my iPod, through one of those dodgy tape jobbies. I have considered RNS-E, but it's just so expensive. And i don't like going down a 3rd party route, as I feel that the stereo instantly becomes much more desirable to tea-leaves then OEM kit.

EDIT: Is there any good replacements out there for speakers? I don't have the Bose system, and would love a bit more uumph in the music. My old car had all the speakers replaced by me, and the sound was loads better. Anyway, kindof thread hi-jacked there, so sorry about that!

hi crazy88 iv always loved pioneer i think they sound grate. and if mine go in my car thats what ill be putting in there

hi crazy88 iv always loved pioneer i think they sound grate. and if mine go in my car thats what ill be putting in there

Do you think they'll make a big difference keeping all the standard wiring and HU though? I'm no audio buff (obviously) but don't wanna spend money for a miniscule difference! :D

i can only go by the ones iv fitted in the past mate. and can say iv never had a problem with the sound and thats why ill go back to them
when i need too the speakers should sound just as good as they will be run by the same hu and amps just dont buy the lower priced ones
and youll be fine :blackrs4:

Cool, thanks dude! I may have to look into it then. I really wish I had the Bose system in the car. Maybe I should try retro-fit it! :D

BOSE isn't "right up there" for the real Audiphiles, but it's enough that 95% of people wouldn't even think about going for any more: it's got enough oomph that even when you're 5-up and heading out to a party, you can get it started in the car on your way there... or to just drwon out the mother-in-law with Test Match special... whatever your cuppa might be :)

Just to jump in here guys (and thread stealing)...

I have Bose in my 2004 S4 avant. I have retro fitted 2 RNS-E units in two friends cars (same model) one with and one without Bose. The bass emitted from both cars is far more than I am experiencing (all from standard Audi wiring.) I therefore took the plunge and purchased a new sub and amp. Fitted this - no difference.

Any ideas?

Incidentally swarcup - the speaker grills should have a Bose plaque on them - and an amp/sub in the boot (on the avant it's in the right side boot pocket.)

(What does DNA stand for? National Dyslexic Association! - sorry...I'll get my coat.)

just a heads up seeing a bage on the spearkers cover may not mean they have not been changed for some cheaper ones
at some point. as they dont go on for ever so only real way is to look on the back of them.

just a heads up seeing a bage on the spearkers cover may not mean they have not been changed for some cheaper ones
at some point. as they dont go on for ever so only real way is to look on the back of them.

Hence BOSE on the display ;)

the hu display will not no the make of the speaker its connected too thay are smart but not that smart hahaha

Well yeah but thats a bit like saying someone might have taken a 1.8T 190 out and replaced it with a 163......

James - he has a point, I can get your Symphony to scroll up a nice pretty "BOSE" when it starts up, if you want.... can even get you the door badges ;)

i dont think it is but i think given having to pay for a £10 pounds a speaker or some thing like £40 plus befor some one sells a car they wil
pick the 10 im sure. when i got my car i wonted to no what it had as it sounded really nice but had no bages so called audi .
they said not all are baged up so have a look on the back. thats all i was trying to say lol