Will i need an uprated fuel pump?

StaceyS3

Reaction score
I'm in the process of rebuilding my s3 and have the MTM conversion installed but although they usually don't fit an uprated pump i'm going to be running additional mods?

Although the kit's tittled as 345bhp kim collins said they usually acheive 320-350

The additional mods that i'll be running include custom 3inch tip, jetex, largeport head, mk2 ah front mount, decat, wmi and of coarse rods for piece of mind :)

In place of most of these mods they usually run standard air box with panel filter, standard coolers and sports cats so am generally expecting it to flow a bit better especially after seing the gains with the tip on the k04 as the k26 is only a 4mm bigger inlet

Your thoughts and opinions would be much apprieciated ;)

That was my thoughts but only downside is its a 2 hour drive from where i am to qst where its going to be mapped and didn't fancy doing the journey twice ;)

My only other thoughts are that its got a 4bar fpr on there which they use with that conversion (dont know injector size as kim doesn't know the size that mtm supply with it) and have heard that the s3 pump struggles with 4 bar fpr and was wondering if it was worth upgrading for piece of mind?

4bar will show any weakness of a tired std pump thats for sure..
for peace of mind for your journey there, it may be worth fitting one.. It is touch and go at these power levels if it will cope or not.

It did have a new pump fitted about 2 years ago but has been on a 4 bar fpr ever since so has been pushed so think will look at putting something inline

Any pumps you would reconmend? Was thinking bosch 044 as only heard good things?

Also presume they just use push fittings? if so does anyone know the standard pipe dia and what else would be needed to fit one?

Stacey i just fitted a 044 on mine... does job but ****** noisey.. lol