1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Bose speakers & bassbox fit into my none BOSE standard head unit?????

holmefield Feb 24, 2012

1. holmefield

holmefield Member

Hi all i've got a 54 plate B6 tdi sport......its fitted with the standard audi symphony 2.

C
    an i put the bose speakers, and the amp/bassbox thast in the rear shelf into my car ?? im not really after mega sound increase just better sound/clearer sound, will the bose speakers give a better sound than my standard set up.

I'm guessing that the wiring is just plug and play?

Cheers

2. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

not just plug and play
    it can be done but not to easy

3. holmefield

holmefield Member

Bugger, i was hopeing it wasn't to much trouble whats involved i've fitted an ipod adapter to my car so i have a bit of experience with audio stuff + i've done speakers and what not in the past, but mainly basic upgrade stuff is there a lot of re-wiring involved?

4. holmefield

holmefield Member

ANYBODY, i've seen a full set up for grabs on another forum.....

5. 666markyboy

666markyboy Well-Known Member

Having come from a BOSE equipped A3 to a standard system in the B6 i dont think the BOSE is all it's cracked up to be... maybe BOSE in a B6 is better i don't know but in all honesty i'm quite happy with the standard setup

6. holmefield

holmefield Member

Strange i'd have thought that the Bose speakers would have been a lot better than the standard setup as thats what your paying for when you spec'd them from new, better sound quality

7. holmefield

holmefield Member

Anybody any advice on whats involved in swapping over to bose????????????

8. holmefield

holmefield Member

Has anybody done this up grade????????????????/

9. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

TBH mate, try swapping over the bits and report back, if you have the AMP and Sub and speakers then what else do you need?

10. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

try the I.C.E. section might get further in there.

11. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You have to rewire all the speakers, new Bose wiring loom from the HU to the boot and new power front to back - totally not worth

12. holmefield

holmefield Member

Err well i mite give that a miss then................Cheers for the info...........

13. Paul100

Paul100 Member

had two audi cabs one with standard and one with bose. The bose is slightly better, but not by much. If i bought another without bose I wouldnt be all that concerned as the standard setup is pretty good.......

14. leshkin

leshkin Hold my beer... VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S3

I would prefer to go for a non-Bose car and go after-market for speakers and HU. Doing this to my 04 B6 saloon at the moment with help from AndyMac and his great MDF speaker adapters.

15. Stubie

Stubie Member

Once I put an x-car iPhone link in I can't rate the Bose system highly enough ! But I'm easily pleased