Will any other amp fit replace my broken Bose one?

Jakey90

Reaction score
Will the 8L0 035 223 fit where my broken 8P3 035 223 was?

Dont really want to spend £150+ on a replacement amp and the earlier ones are a lot cheaper.

Thanks.

Thanks mate but no, it's a separate amp on the opposite side of the boot.

I asked a similar question a while ago but never really got a definet answer.

I was told that you need to get the exact same amp. Dont know if this is correct?
Also not sure if any other models use the same amp as the A3 P.

Hi,
I searched high and low for a replacement Bose amp for my 04 2.0 Tdi and came across the same problem, nobody could/would confirm that a similar Bose amp from and A4/A6 with a similar number would be interchangeable. I rang Audi and spoke with an 'expert', he stated that you had to have the same one to the one you are removing. I searched high and low in the UK and could only find a replacement at £150+ as you have found, my expert at Audi advised new is £400+!!
I ended up locating one on Ebay in Germany and made an offer, which was accepted and cost me just over £100 delivered to the UK. He did have more than one when I bought mine a few months ago!
Just need to find a working (no volume problem) Concert for it now.
I take it your amp got wet behind the rear trim panel, causing it to melt out, great Audi design to place an amp under the rear washer pipe joint!!
Good luck.

Steve.

Thank you for the great reply Steve.

I've managed to source one now after a couple weeks of hunting.

No idea if it's because it got wet, it just started crackling and popping every now and then until one day no sound at all.

Picking up the amp tomorrow so will reply with results.

Thanks again.