Will an R32 rear diff fit my S3 8P?

tobyward1

Reaction score
Launched my stage 2+ S3 off a set of traffic lights last night.. all 4 wheels spun for a few seconds then when it caught a grip I had a horrible vibration going through the whole car when I accelerated

When I was carefully driving home sitting at 45mph I heard a horrible bang and felt a big clonk.. pulled over to look under my car and see a load of oil p*ssing out of my rear diff with with a big hole which had blown away!

Been told mk5 R32 diffs are exactly the same? Can get hold of one for £150 delivered which is a bargain!

Could anybody PLEASE help me? Just need someone with knowledge on this subject to confirm that it they are identical diffs..

My S3 8P is 2007

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• PicsArt_11-21-09.09.13.jpg
    PicsArt_11-21-09.09.13.jpg
    922.2 KB · Views: 329
Where did you order the diff from, good to know just in case a problem I've got turns out to the diff. Cheers

Where did you order the diff from, good to know just in case a problem I've got turns out to the diff. Cheers

Just off a bloke who my mate knows bud.. apparently he owns a 600bhp r32 and has 2 diffs forsale.. I thought £150 is a steal so guess it's worth a shot. I'll let you know if it fits or not! If you ever wanted one I could get you his number

How often did you service it (haldex) I hear every 40k and if they fail they just stop working as a safety so you must of drove over something pretty hard I'm guessing

They are 2 seperate parts. The Haldex AND the rear Diff.

Hi. yes the mk5 R32 diff will fit as stock!:)

YOU WERE CORRECT! THANK YOU!

Got the diff fitted today and yes they're identical.. drove home with no issues at all.

Not bad for £150 + £310 labour ;-)

YOU WERE CORRECT! THANK YOU!

Got the diff fitted today and yes they're identical.. drove home with no issues at all.

Not bad for £150 + £310 labour ;-)

nice to hear that I could help!:)

Glad you sorted it, sounds like you had touch with that price!
Out of interest does anyone know whether the diff is the same for an A3 tdi quattro? I've got a slight leak on mine so may be easier to replace the whole thing rather than rebuild it

Glad you sorted it, sounds like you had touch with that price!
Out of interest does anyone know whether the diff is the same for an A3 tdi quattro? I've got a slight leak on mine so may be easier to replace the whole thing rather than rebuild it
Is it from one of the driveshats?
I've got one on mine albeit very slight. I tried to do the seal but couldn't pull the driveshaft stub from the diff.

Is it from one of the driveshats?
I've got one on mine albeit very slight. I tried to do the seal but couldn't pull the driveshaft stub from the diff.

Yeah from both the driveshafts on mine

I bought all the stuff from Audi to do it but you need a hub puller to get it out.
I fabricated one but the thing was stuck solid!

I bought all the stuff from Audi to do it but you need a hub puller to get it out.
I fabricated one but the thing was stuck solid!

Sounds like it'd be easier to replace the lot then. Or just top it up every now and then