Q7 Will 2014 seats fit a 2007 (Q7 S Line)

Lion Heart

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have a 2007 Audi Q7 S Line but it does not have heated seats nor memory, both of which I'm looking at maybe retro-fitting.

Anyway, I've found some 2014 Q7 seats which look good, which are obviously from the facelift Q7. Will 2014 seats fit the 2007 ok?

I assume the pre and post-facelift would be cross-compatbile - but thought I'd better check and ask around first :)

Any ideas?

Depends on the wiring setup & if they're intelligent module based or not, also updated airbag system maybe, need to compare wiring diagrams 1st.

Ah ha - now I've heard the term intelligent module based - can you elaborate a bit on what that actually means so I can get a grasp on it please?

What is the difference in the airbag system?

Its networked to the car to turn features on/off, diagnostics etc.

Airbag systems are improved & changed all the time, resistance on the circuits maybe different, more or less wires, multitude of differences you'd need to check.

How can you tell if it is intelligent module based (or not)?

This may sound stupid on the airbag (?) but doesn't the seat just have one plug with two pins (yellow plug), which I assume received 12v to trigger? Or is that a bit nieve?

Some airbags are 2 or 3 wire, I wouldn't be so obtuse to call you naive buddy, just curious to learn is a better way to put it.

Airbags functionality are usually determined by resistance to the controller, if it detects the wrong reading it throws the light & a code on the module.

You'd have to visually check under the seat.

Also there are various networks on the car, convenience bus, drive train bus, extended can bus, so wiring schematics would need to be checked for both years & compared, a daily routine for me it seems lol.

Wow, seems very complex indeed. I have VCDS actually, but I've never compared wiring diagrams and wouldn't even know where to start! Also may be hard to get the info on the donor car as the seats will undoubtedly be bought used.

What would I be looking for under the seat?

Donor car isn't necessarily an issue, just the year & type.

It takes allot of time to r&d, so if you're not confident or technical, maybe best to ask an installer to do, good luck.

I like to think I'm fairly competent working on cars, but electrical diagrams do boggle my mind a little TBH. But would hate to pay someone to do something I would be perfectly capable of doing (I would hope at least!) and would probably quite enjoy doing as well :)

The years I'm looking at are 2014 seats into a 2007 car, by type do you mean the intelligent modules again? If so, can this be visually inspected easily?

How can you tell if they have the intelligent modules installed? I assume by looking under the seat?

Is it the main control box attached to the underside of the seat itself which detirmines intellogent modules/non?

How can you tell them apart?