1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildlife !!

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by mitch18, Dec 7, 2012.

1. mitch18

mitch18 New Member

I strongly believe that any sort of open country lane should have electric fences to stop any sort of wildlife ESPECIALLY BADGERS THE SIZE OF A SMALL BEAR running on the road out of bushes !! only owned my audi a3 for about 6 weeks and the bumper is smashed and there's loose connexions under the bonnet !! just my luck lol good job I didn't pay much for it !

Rant over :)
  2. heeman10

heeman10 Audi driver since Dec 08

You ARE aware that badgers are burrowing creatures? :lmfao: Something tells me electric fences might not be quite as effective as you hope!

Sorry to hear about the damage. Somehow I've avoided colliding with one so far...one will jump out to get me one day, I know it. Good luck getting it sorted quickly/cheaply matey.
  3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I ain't a tree hugger by no means but how was the badger after the collision ?
  4. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Active Member

5. wolfie138

wolfie138 Active Member

look on the bright side and be glad you're not in the USA : i've just had a hol in Vegas and when i was out driving i came across roadkill that looked like something outta The Evil Dead. something like a moose/horse/big deer had been hit by something like an 18wheeler and there was a literal carpet of fur and gore for about 30 feet. looked like something had swallowed a grenade then been run over by a steamroller. Hell knows what woulda happened to a car if it had impacted cos it looked a like LOT of walking meat.
  6. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member

7. enoliver

enoliver Member

Could you imagine fencing the entire country's lanes? Apart from the obvious gaps where road junctions are, through which the wildlife would walk, the tree huggers would complain that they can't hug a particular tree!!