Facelift WiFi hotspot data plan

SpeedyFrog

Reaction score
These are the UK and Pan European Data Plans from Data Inside (Audi partner). It's what you get when you look at data plans from the MyAudi web site (https://my.audi.com)
You need a data plan to be able to use the WiFi Hotspot in the car.

UK Plans

Pan European Plans

So basically they are taking the pee, what a surprise! Errr, no thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Simon L
Jokers!!

You can get data only plans for half that..................not that I've bothered with it.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68
Ouch !! So if you have a FL with integrated SIM you are tied to Audis providers ?

Is the top pic contract and the second pic PAYG ?

With BT I'm paying £10/mth for 2Gb. Its pretty good for the google maps overlay on the sat nav and as a hotspot when little lad has the iPad in the back.

Reactions: Simon L and SpeedyFrog
Ouch !! So if you have a FL with integrated SIM you are tied to Audis providers ?

With BT I'm paying £10/mth for 2Gb. Is pretty good for google maps overlay on the sat nav and also live view from my dash cam when away from the car.
I'm not sure I think you can buy your own SIM and stick it in the SIM slot between the SD card slots. But hey don't quote me on that it's not a part of the manual I want to spend too much time reading lol
I looked at this data plan stuff out of curiosity. I suppose it might be convenient if you travel to Europe although I'm not sure if you can have a UK plan and a European plan active at the same time...
Anyway food for thoughts if someone is willing find out more on this.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L

With BT I'm paying £10/mth for 2Gb. Its pretty good for the google maps overlay on the sat nav and as a hotspot when little lad has the iPad in the back.
1st pic is UK plans.
2nd pic is Pan European plans.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I'm not sure I think you can buy your own SIM and stick it in the SIM slot between the SD card slots. But hey don't quote me on that it's not a part of the manual I want to spend too much time reading lol
I looked at this data plan stuff out of curiosity. I suppose it might be convenient if you travel to Europe although I'm not sure if you can have a UK plan and a European plan active at the same time...
Anyway food for thoughts if someone is willing find out more on this.

Yes, you can use your own sim and I think choose which data source you want to use... either that or your own sim overrides the embedded one.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and SpeedyFrog
Yes, you can use your own sim and I think choose which data source you want to use... either that or your own sim overrides the embedded one.
I think if you put your own one it overrides the embedded one... Which means all data comes out of your SIM and the embedded one is deactivated.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I think if you put your own one it overrides the embedded one... Which means all data comes out of your SIM and the embedded one is deactivated.

You can't choose in the "Connection Manager" which SIM it uses? That's a bit of a shame.

The Advanced Technology Pack comes with 3 years of data as part of the price doesn't it? Is this for those who don't have the Tech Adv pack or for when it expires?

The Advanced Technology Pack comes with 3 years of data as part of the price doesn't it? Is this for those who don't have the Tech Adv pack or for when it expires?

Yes but doesn't include wifi hotspot.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Gordo77
Yes but doesn't include wifi hotspot.

Hmmm, I was expecting it to be included :-S

Configuration description for Technology Pack Advanced says "Audi Connect Infotainment Services (36-month subscription) - Convenient high-speed 4G internet access in your car via an embedded SIM card with no data charge."

Website suggests this should include in-car WiFi - https://www.audi.co.uk/audi-innovation/advanced-technologies/audi-connect.html

Does anyone already have this who can confirm either way?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog

Configuration description for Technology Pack Advanced says "Audi Connect Infotainment Services (36-month subscription) - Convenient high-speed 4G internet access in your car via an embedded SIM card with no data charge."

Website suggests this should include in-car WiFi - https://www.audi.co.uk/audi-innovation/advanced-technologies/audi-connect.html

unfortunately it doesn't, I thought it would when ordering, but can't find anywhere to activate.. always takes me to data plans page

It's on page 95 of the A3/S3 brochure (August 2016 edition) - clearly states unlimited access but with the following caveat...

"(but you will not, for example, be able to use the embedded SIM to provide Wi-Fi hotspot services or tether any other device to the embedded SIM)"

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and glamic26
Just stick a Three SIM in the slot. Three do a 12Gb card for £30 and have Europe wide data roaming at no extra cost. Best to check the small print, though and not take my word for it!