1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wierd wobble on

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by scottshere, Dec 7, 2012.

1. scottshere

scottshere Member

[Dec 7, 2012]
    Just had a wierd experience on the way home from work. When i let of the accelerator i got some serious shaking through the wheel and when i accelerated again it calmed right down. But returned worse once i backed off again.
    Did this for about 500 yards or so, then stopped..

I understand i might have a bush that is worn on the front as i have the occasional click. Do you think this could be it?
    It felt more like the wheel was going to fall off. CV joint maybe?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. Dan TheMan Welburn

Dan TheMan Welburn Member

[Dec 7, 2012]
    Hello mate i have a similar issue with mine but mine wobbles under acceleration, had mine checked out yesterday and i have one lower arm that the bush has completely perished, the other 3 lower arms and too great either, but i would imagine if your getting a knock you want to be looking at suspension and steering joints for play,
  4. scottshere

scottshere Member

[Dec 7, 2012]
    I'm hoping it is this as i plan to change all the front arms very soon

5. Dan TheMan Welburn

Dan TheMan Welburn Member

[Dec 8, 2012]
    Same here im overhauling my full suspension in the next month or so, all new arms, shocks and springs (gives me an excuse to drop it a touch)
  6. scottshere

scottshere Member

[Dec 9, 2012]
    :yes:
    Im just sorting the parts now, going to order them on Monday and get it booked in for this week i hope
    Then off for 4 wheel alignment and see how it goes.. I would like to see it a little lower, but i like a little comfort too much