1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wierd sound coming from underneath (HELP)

Vikz Jul 18, 2006

1. Vikz

Vikz Member

alright guys,

was driving along a very uneven road last night and heard this weird sound coming for underneath the drivers side area. it was like two plates hitting eachother.

i don't hear it when i go over speed bumps but i hear it alot driving on even surfaces. getting a bit worried so can anyone shed some light on what it could be.

thanks.

2. Buster

Buster Member

Exhaust/cat heat shield???

3. Vikz

Vikz Member

do you reckon it's just loose? i'm hoping it's nothing too expensive.

4. darko

darko Member

probably best to take it to a friendly quik fit and put it on a ramp to have a look underneath - they will should do this for free

5. Vikz

Vikz Member

cheers, will probably take it down to kwik fit tomorrow and see what they say.

6. Ben_yo

Ben_yo Going places - just not sure where!

Ive noticed a similar noise coming from the underside of my car, seems to be coming from the rear of the car though. Think i need to get underneath and take a look. :keule:

7. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

could be a lose trim ???? the wheel arch one fastens to the subframe and can come loose

8. VAGMAN1

VAGMAN1 Member

could a loose engine tray?

either way get it up on a ramp ASAP!

9. Vikz

Vikz Member

let me know whats wrong with yours when you have a look underneath.

i jacked up the car and had a look, the catshield wasn't loose and the exhaust seemed fine but i think the cat shield is a bit too close and thats what is hitting. :confused: