1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wierd Idle on 2.0tdi 170 HELP

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by uthedude, May 30, 2011.

1. uthedude

uthedude New Member

Hi can someone please tell me if this is normal?
    ive got a 2.0tdi 170 and it's idling on 1000rpm instead of the norm 840rpm?
    if i stop the car turn it off and restart it it then idles on 840rpm again as soon as i drive it then starts to idle on 1000rpm
    ive only had the car a few weeks any info will be appreciated
    thanks sam.
  2. johnbev

johnbev New Member

It is regenerating the dPf it is normal. It increases the rpm to burn off the exhaust gases, after a short while it will settle back to normal. The best thing to do is wait till it finishes it's cycle before switching off. If it fails to complete after around 3 to 4 times you will get a fault on the dashboard. You may feel an odd vibration too and a lumpy drive whilst it regens
  3. uthedude

uthedude New Member

thanks for the advice i left it running on my drive for about 10 mins went back out and it was idling as normal (cross fingers) it will be ok now !!
  4. c_w

c_w Active Member

Ah! This is what mine has been doing - I completely forgot about the DPF! Had the 1000rpm but I also find when driving on light throttle it is a bit inconsistent, feels a bit jerky when trying to drive slow.
  5. uthedude

uthedude New Member

i must say no other problems drives sweet as a nut only had dpf completely replaced by audi £1254.00 Under warranty 700Miles ago when warranty is up any other problems going to get it removed south west in car tech £480.00 re-map 170bhp-214/222 bhp increase and removal of dpf included! they also have a great rep!