Widest wheels that fit the new S3

naughts4187

Reaction score
hi all,

I'm wanting to put my TT 19" speedlines on my new S3 when it arrives, they are 19 x 9J ET52 (OEM Audi) but I'm not sure if they will fit the new S3.

I have a sneaky feeling that I may have to stretch some smaller tyres to make them tuck and not rub, has anyone got any wide wheels on their 8V?

Here's my wheels on my TT
media

Running 9.5j on the rear of my a3
Offset I believe around 40
235/35/19

Attachments

• DSC_0076.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 276
Reactions: naughts4187
Running 9.5j on the rear of my a3
Offset I believe around 40
235/35/19

Thanks Marc, I see you've stretched to make it tuck, Mine are currently 255 wide so worrying about rubbing, what width would you suggest for tyres if you were to stretch? I have no idea about this!

Thanks Marc, I see you've stretched to make it tuck, Mine are currently 255 wide so worrying about rubbing, what width would you suggest for tyres if you were to stretch? I have no idea about this!

I'm running the 235 at the minute cause it's all I could get without a decent wait in the tyres I wanted.
I may switch to a 225 or 215 once I'm low depending on how much clearance I need.
The fronts are 8.5j with the same tyres and there's barely any stretch at all.

If your not going really low then you shouldn't have an issue with 235-255 I don't think, but if you plan on coilovers or air your gonna need something smaller. Or a thinner wheel

I'll be posting a thread soon with how I get on going lower, shouldn't be very long til I'm sorted now. Will probably be back on standard wheels for the winter though