wider wheels back to front

stes s3

Reaction score
Thinking of a euro look wider rims on rear to front.So i will have a very slight diffrent rolling radius will this be a problem for the halidex do you think?
thanks ste

Wont confuse haldex i wouldnt think but is utterly pointless imo and will make it handle even worse

MR and some FR drive cars benefit from slightly wider rear wheels, anything else isnt going to benefit from it

rodenal said:
Wont confuse haldex i wouldnt think but is utterly pointless imo and will make it handle even worse

MR and some FR drive cars benefit from slightly wider rear wheels, anything else isnt going to benefit from it

As the rear wheels is freerolling most of the time, I don't think it will effect the Haldex. The Haldex need to sense a 15 degree difference in rotation between fron and rear axles under load before it will kick in IIRC.
Steve's car is mainly a show and concours car, so I doubt handling is top of his priorities, go for 9.5" wide rear and 255 rubber, stick to 8-8.5" fronts and don't go over 235 wide, as it will start catching, ET30 all round should be sweet. :)

Not quite sure what rims am going for yet but just fance going for the euro look for next years show season