1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wider downpipe on 2.0tdi 140

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by staitesidestory, Jul 16, 2010.

1. staitesidestory

staitesidestory Member

[Jul 16, 2010]
    Anyone on here using a wider downpipe on their tdi. Would be intreted to know how much diffrence it makes in power with an exhast as well? Also do miltek make a downpipe for the tdi's?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. just017

just017 Member

[Jul 17, 2010]
    Yeah Milltek make a full turbo back kit for the 2.0 TDi resonated and non res. Ive not got one as i dont think the gains are worth the price for the full exhaust
  4. dunk

dunk Member

[Jul 17, 2010]
    waste of money - for the 2.0 tdi, the cat can be degutted (cheap way) or a cat replacement downpipe, and the rear box is a bit restrictive, otherwise its all limited by the turbo output anyway
  5. Joe90k

Joe90k Speed doesn't Kill!

[Jul 19, 2010]
    Not true, was by far the best thing I did to my car, just hunt for a bargain, It is 100% worth it, turbo spools up loads faster thanks to the Cat going and the less restrictive pipework definitely makes the car much more drivable! I highly recommend a Miltek! Oh did I mention the noise! Quiet when driven sensibly, very gutsy and proud when you give it some!

Joe
  6. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy As far from JBS as possible !

[Jul 19, 2010]
    The only restrictive part of the exhaust is the back box. Removing the cat on a standard or remapped car makes no difference. Swapping the exhaust gained you a few bhp it`s just that the turbo can now spool faster with a less restrictive back box that makes any difference.