1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why's My 2.0 TDI Running Rough on Idle? (With Vid)

kaz219 Jul 10, 2009

1. mcconnot

mcconnot Member

The (non-audi) dealer i bought my car off said he can replace the flywheel for 300 pounds. That includes the part an labour. If im not mistaken that is pretty cheap yeah?

2. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo 6+1 Gears Bronze Supporter Audi A3

Cheap indeed! Be careful not to get a "cheap" flywheel too!

3. boggysv

boggysv Member

IT IS BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF INAPPROPRIATELY AT NIGHT!!

I think i need to stop drinking very soon.:drag:

But hey...if I can post properly, why cant I drive?!

4. tdi-man

tdi-man Well-Known Member

that will be a luk flywheel

5. mcconnot

mcconnot Member

What does that mean tdi-man?:crying:

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Kaz any chance confirming the timing MB as I checked under 004 & far right said 0 KW so maybe 908.1 has changed, what did yours show?

Also any chance remembering which channel to adapt as several showed options, only one showed 830 & others showed 8192 which car idles at 819.

Reason checking these things is I fear flywheel probs aswell arising at some stage, trying to avoid issues later, so wanna check timing etc.

7. NHN

Ah might now be in 013, check back later.

8. just017

just017 Member

NHN, do you also have BKD engine code? I've confirmed my problem is the flywheel, going to be giving the replacement a shot just after xmas. Have you checked your VIN No. with VOSA to make sure its not been a recall. My chassis number was only several hundred out of the recall, and Audi wont do s*** to help me fix the problem.

9. NHN

Yes I do have a BKD, whats this about VOSA & recall, is this specifically for the flywheel or something related?

10. Charlietdi

Charlietdi New Member

I had this exact problem on my Audi A3 2.0tdi BKD 55plate , wobble at idle once at 90, After a few months of playing about with replacing injectors , loom , timing torsional adjustment, I finally bit the bullet and sent it to my local indy, they sorted it the same day and at a relatively minor cost from what I had spent so far ..... Lesson learnt it think I would recommend these guys if your having running issues V.A.G. Technik in Eccles Manchester.

11. Nigelmanuel

Nigelmanuel New Member

Had same problem with my 06 a6 took it too garage where they told me dual mass was on its way out cost £1100 to change problem still same after so took it to Audi dealer said it was a common fault that they run lumpy on tick over put air con on with heated rear screen run ok so they put it on computer and altered amount of diesel firing into cylinders on tick over job done that was six years ago and same thing just starting again so be back to get it done again