Why not to let others drive your car on a track day

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
An old friend of mine headed to a trackday and let a mate drive his M3. Not a great idea in hindsight :(

DSC04432.jpg

06092008197.jpg

DSC04452.jpg

Thats a write off I would say. What happens when you trash your car on a track day, is there no insurance at all?

Well the owner deserves all he gets if he let an inexperienced driver loose on a damp track in an M3

Ouch!!!

I saw the first pic and thought 'eek' - but it could be worse. Then I scrolled-down and saw the rest! Doesn't look in a happy state at all :( I think perfect evidence that RWD needs a lot of care, especially when new to it. So did it go all the way around and hit the wall on the next rotation or did he manage to correct it enough to keep going forwards as he went off?

I guess the only 'lucky' thing is that he didn't hit anyone else on the way off... Writing off your mate's M3 is bad enough, but imagine you totalled a GT3 or something in the process... With no trackday insurance :banghead:

Regards,

Rob.

Ouch thats gonna hurt. Friend say much to other friend?
What he gonna do about this car? take it he never took insurance out

OOOHHH Gutted!!!

What now, are they still friends??

True..

I have been offered to drive a fair few nice/fast cars in my time, but just dont bother as cant be doing with the hassle if anything was to happen!!

i agree with faction one, didnt think it was that bad untill i viewed the second pic, i had a mate that rolled another mates astra, he gave him his car on the spot, was the same value b4 it rolled lol'

Well, according to this web site
http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

JAG 129L was registed in 01/01/94, so its one of the old 3 litre (not the manic M3 3.2 Litre EVO), so its 14 years old, so its not worth that much ! couple of grand ?

About £6k according to some of our people. It was wearing some good quality suspension and brakes as the car was a bit of a track day and Nurburgring veteran.

oh yeah.....I dont let anyone else except the wife drive my A4, I certainly would not loan ANYONE my car on a track day......oh well its only money.....will get a few quid back on the spares I s'pose...