1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is S3 List price £5k less than TTS?

controlz Feb 20, 2013

1. controlz

controlz Member

Hey guys, hoping I could pick your brains as a little bit confused!

I'm struggling to work out why the TTS list is £5k more than the S3. Apart from the added few bhp (which a map will do anyway), it has 3 less seats, AND less equipment as standard (such as navigation).

Is the increased price purely do to styling / more demand for the TTS, or am I missing something?

Many Thanks.

2. IceHanger

IceHanger Active Member VCDS Map User

Ones a hot hatch, the others a coupe/sport car, you cant compare as aimed at different sections of the market
    Drive both you'll see the difference, it's not about BHP / 0-60

3. controlz

controlz Member

Thanks, although no where in my post did I mention 0-60...:thumbsup:eek:r BHP being a concern for a matter of fact.

4. RedDejavu

RedDejavu Well-Known Member

half of the shell is made from aluminum and is more desirable by hairdressers who are willing to pay more:]

steviedee likes this.
  5. A3 Sport

A3 Sport Member

The TTS is a far better drivers car than the S3

6. jimmo

jimmo Member

hehe...a £5k hairdressers tax on the titty-s? lol! :)

Edit: I should add that the current fastback coupe shape is sexy. The first gen shapes where the only really hairdressy ones IMO

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  7. AntonTDI

AntonTDI Member

Spot on there fella!! :lmfao:

8. RedDejavu

A3 lacks character and has slightly worst suspension set up plus some other bits that make the TTS feel more special.

9. Shadowman

Shadowman Active Member

Hairdresser comments tend to be made by those who haven't driven the TT....it's a totally different drive to the S3 ( I have an S3 SB and a TTS Roadster )...the TTS is a nicer drive.....and I have no hair :icon_thumright:

10. RedDejavu

and my missus is one and she loves TTS which I'm not surprised;).

11. A19quattro

A19quattro Active Member

Sorry to hyjack the thread but this brings up a question for me that can fill another identified gap in my Audi knowledge, which models have alluminium bodyshells? It all started with the A8 right, full shell? I thought this was extended to the A6 but not sure and I now know the TT is half ally, is that all TTs? Do I need to knopw which half?

12. controlz

controlz Member

Thanks for the replies. I test drove an S3 this weekend and was extremely impressed, however didn't have the time to drive a TTS too. Are they considerably different to drive?

Thanks