1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is it happening?

BigWillyStyle Dec 13, 2012

1. BigWillyStyle

BigWillyStyle Member

For some reason when i switch on the heated rear window it interferes with my radio!

It has only just started which i dont understand. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance....

2. Lukus87

Lukus87 New Member

Hello mate, ive got the same with mine but i use my iphone more than the radio so it doesnt bother me enough to fix it!

The cause is a seperate amp / splitter unit located in the tailgate i believe. Your car uses the heater element in the rear windscreen as the antenna, there is a splitter to stop intereference when its used with the radio. Its this splitter box failing that causes the problem and is a common problem. The box is not expensive but i remember someone saying was a pig to get to!

I hope that helps!

3. BigWillyStyle

BigWillyStyle Member

Ok thanks i'll have a look at it!

Do you know what the name of the actual part is so i can look for one? Thanks :icon_thumright:

4. Lukus87

Lukus87 New Member

I think its just an Antenna Amp although i think NHN might be your man, he knows his stuff when it comes to electronics so he would be your man to ask!
    Drop him a PM im sure he'd be able to help, he'd probably be able to source it for you, i know he does a lot of stuff for other forum members!

5. BigWillyStyle

BigWillyStyle Member

Ok thanks again, i will send him a PM!