Why has my roof console got a mic? - correction - it hasn't!

JohnE

2005 A3 Sport 1.6 FSI
Reaction score
As part of fitting my ambient/map lights I found that there's an OEM mic fitted in the unit. As far as I know there's no Bluetooth fitted to the car (no "phone" plug on the back of the OEM head unit). It seems a bit odd - but maybe they are all like it?
Anyone know how I can access the "other end" of the mic connection? - I could do with plugging it into my Parrot kit and pulling out the cheapo looking clip mic.

Last edited:
I've got the same but no Bluetooth module in the car, well I haven't physically removed the seat to check but certainly can't connect too it

Cheers for that - maybe they just fit 'em to all.

It definitely a mic? Or could it be the alarm sensor?

Yes deffo a mic - there are alarm sensors but they are in a unit on their own.

Mic is on the the right at the end of the grey wire, ultrasonic alarm sensors are in the black unit on the left

8438154314_2bcd863ec9_m.jpg

That's part of the ultrasonic sensors, 3 in all...

That is not a mic, the mic is rectangular and sits towards the back in the middle. If you look at your cover from behind, you will see a rectangular slot which will be empty, this is where the oem Bluetooth mic sits.

That's not the mic and ETKA shows it as the motion sensor. The mic is rectangular and an absolute b*****d to remove without the right tools (I spent about 30 mins fiddling with it and snapped a clip in the end!).

Thanks all - I stand corrected, not for the first time! :)

1 is bt mic, another is Bose mic & other are ultrasonics for alarm that resemble a mic