1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why has my roof console got a mic? - correction - it hasn't!

JohnE Feb 2, 2013

1. JohnE

JohnE 2005 A3 Sport 1.6 FSI

As part of fitting my ambient/map lights I found that there's an OEM mic fitted in the unit. As far as I know there's no Bluetooth fitted to the car (no "phone" plug on the back of the OEM head unit). It seems a bit odd - but maybe they are all like it?
    Anyone know how I can access the "other end" of the mic connection? - I could do with plugging it into my Parrot kit and pulling out the cheapo looking clip mic.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  2. AndyA3170

AndyA3170 Guest

I've got the same but no Bluetooth module in the car, well I haven't physically removed the seat to check but certainly can't connect too it

3. JohnE

Cheers for that - maybe they just fit 'em to all.

4. Jameze

Jameze James

It definitely a mic? Or could it be the alarm sensor?

5. JohnE

Yes deffo a mic - there are alarm sensors but they are in a unit on their own.

6. JohnE

Mic is on the the right at the end of the grey wire, ultrasonic alarm sensors are in the black unit on the left

[​IMG]

7. TDIA3

TDIA3 New Member

That's part of the ultrasonic sensors, 3 in all...

8. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride" VCDS Map User

That is not a mic, the mic is rectangular and sits towards the back in the middle. If you look at your cover from behind, you will see a rectangular slot which will be empty, this is where the oem Bluetooth mic sits.

9. Jameze

Jameze James

That's not the mic and ETKA shows it as the motion sensor. The mic is rectangular and an absolute b*****d to remove without the right tools (I spent about 30 mins fiddling with it and snapped a clip in the end!).

10. JohnE

Thanks all - I stand corrected, not for the first time! :)

11. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

1 is bt mic, another is Bose mic & other are ultrasonics for alarm that resemble a mic