1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why give them democracy

voorhees Sep 17, 2012

1. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

2. Just Plain Old

Just Plain Old Active Member

I always knew we should have left them to it...... Question is who is 'we', it certainly isn't the vast majorty of the electorate..? and who is them? I don't think we actually knew exactly 'who' we were helping.........!!

Sadly, you didn't need to be Mistic Meg, to foresee what was going to happen... A secular, governing Dictatorship, providing stability for a disparate group of inhabitants........... Replaced by Islamic fundamentalists, who have no idea of how to govern a Country, or the slightest interest in Democracy...!!

3. StuG808

StuG808 1.9tdi130 Avant FailWheelDrive

Unfortunatly we seem to get dragged into this by the west's support for Israel, if it wasn't for that we could have just 'left them to it';

4. StateOfPlay

StateOfPlay Well-Known Member

No matter what anyone does, the middle east will always be a hotbed of fanaticism.

Religion.

5. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado quattro Audi S4 Black Edition s tronic

I think it's fair to say that Britain did not exactly embrace democracy painlessly and with enthusiasm. We had a civil war too, you know.

6. snapon

snapon Member

We should keep our noses out of other countries business it's not worth the hassle
    we get shafted and the yanks nick all the oil