1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does the s line kit have no side skirts?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by dappa786, Jul 17, 2008.

1. dappa786

dappa786 New Member

Front Bumber, Rear Bumper, Roof spoiler. Why no side skirts???

Does anyone know where I can get some side skirts for my 2007 s line 2.0T sportback? Im looking for something oem.

Part numbers or any info would be helpful.

Cheers
  2. Matt

Matt Active Member

Because it doesn't really need them... IMO
  3. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

:iagree:
  4. dappa786

dappa786 New Member

I think it does, the car feels it has something missing, you can notice this when your parked on a upward slope. the gap between the floor and car is nasty!!!

MarcQuinlivian your car looks awesome, you need the skirts though!
  5. Alex2.0T

Alex2.0T Member

votex ones are about the best and look good, also oem. i have some in my garage to fit when i get round to it. i think they complement the sline kit well
  6. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

I think because if it did it would look similar to an S3. And I disagree it does need them, car looks sucked in from the side. Hence why I will be getting the S3 SB skirts in the near future.
  7. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

:thumbsup:
  8. PNH80

PNH80 Low life livin' the high life.

It hasn't got side skirts because it's not meant to, obviously. The S-Line sits inbetween the sport and S3 models so they have to draw a line with the styling. I think they've got the sporting balance just right.
    I parked my S-Line bang next to a black S3 at the side of the road in sheffield on Tuesday night (anyone from on here??) and when you see them both together the styling of each model made a lot of sense. Neither looked 'better' than the other, just different. If you started putting S3 bumpers an skirts on an S-Line it becomes an S3 wannabe and i think it deserves more respect than that. The 2.0TFSI quattro is one of the only hot hatches about which doesn't look like one.....and i wouldn't want to change that.

By all means put some skirts on your S-Line, it'll look great but it's obvious to me why they don't do it as standard, it defeats the point.
  9. audi_driver

audi_driver S LINE

When you look at the car from an angle from the front it definately looks like its sitting higher than the front bumper. I was told by my salesman that my s line came with skirts !!! I would have ordered it when i was ordering my car if he said differently ! stupid salesman