Why do people lie in classified ad's!! GRRR

Mark_Eire

Drive it straight sideways!!
Reaction score
Alright everyone. I'm new to this forum...I've been looking for an Audi S3 for ages now and finally decided last week to make the plunge and travel to the UK for one. There much more expensive to buy in Ireland due to Registration taxes etc...I checked all the usual sites and found a 51 plate silver one in Liverpool with slightly high miles at 106k but I didn't mind as it said it had FSH and I don't do much mileage anyway!! I phoned the guy a couple of times with questions as I didn't have the luxury of just driving to see it and then decide it wasn't what I wanted.... He told me the car was in perfect condition and needed nothing doin to it. So I organised the flights and myself and my brother got the early flight from Dublin money in hand!! We had organised to meet this guy at 10am but his phone was powered off until 1pm. I thought this lad is taking me for a mug.... Then he arrives in the car. The passenger mirror glass is smashed and there is broken glass on the passenger floor which he explains happened the previous day by some 'scumbags', Yea right!! Then he takes us for a drive... Oh my God this guy is a maniac he's changing gears like he's trying to impress me by driving the car to death!!! Eventually when I get to drive it I realise the clutch is almost shot, The light for the brakes is on the dash which he says is a simple sensor fault!! as if he knew, There was only a small bit of service history!! When i checked the engine there was all gunge under the oil cap which I'm told is the head gasket!! What an Idiot... I've bought nearly all my cars in the UK and always found the sellers very honest as they knew how far I was travelling and would tell me of the smallest problems....So in the end I just laughed and walked away:bye: What else could I do!! So frustrating...GRRRRRRR. Sorry just had to get it off my chest!!

i hate it when people lie about **** like that , even if it is a couple of hours away , its just the way people are

i went to have a look at an ax gt when i was younger , i asked the bloke if it was tidy , his reply was yes , come and have a look at it , you wont be dissapointed , so i went to have a look at it , and it was the biggest pile of **** i have ever seen in my life , holes in the wings , holes under the engine bay , the windscreen was white instead of clear , i sold my car today and told the buyer every single little thing that was up with it , he had the car straight away as it was as described , even rang him up on the way home to see how he is getting on with the car , :blownose:

I know it's so annoying!! anyway it all ended good as I got the train to Oxford the next day and got a mint 2001 silver S3 with a lot more spec. And I got a night on the **** in Liverpool!!!

I remember going through the same sort of thing about 18 months ago when I got mine, I even phoned main dealer who would say cars had heated seats and other options that certainly were not there when i turned up to view cars. Keep going though find a decent one and it will be worth it :yes:

Yea thank god I walked away from the piece of ****!!! The one I got has a brand new Milltek exhaust system, B&M short shift, Cat 1 alarm, Brand new Dunlop tyres, FAudiSH, AMD remap to 249bhp etc etc... Its a crackin car... Has standard wheels though!! Think it needs a set of 18'' BBS CH's!!

Sorry to hear bout ur bad luck... just glad u've got the sense too check the car properly... so many people get taking for mugs now! hope you have better luck next time!

Nothin wrong with the standard 17's.....Just think the BBS CH's look great on 'em

after lots of homework and hunting on the net i found my car on ebay, i didnt buy it from ebay but i contacted him, when all checked out wit hpi i took the plunge and got the plane, the car was a perfect example 99 reg, 44k, 210bhp fully loaded as it was a audi demo!
2 years on car now has 72k of perfect trouble free motoring (except for the clutch peadal bracet breaking)

my advice is to hold out and you will know the car when you see it!! and all the best with the search.