Why can't I sell this car?

Nelson15

Reaction score
Anyone got any opinions as to why can't I sell this car? I've had it up for 3 weeks now, couple of phone calls about it but nothing further...

http://www.junctionpool.com/car.html

Advertised in on Autotrader, here, Edition38, Pistonheads, ScottishVAG. Anywhere else you can think of?

John

3 weeks isn't that long is it? I would give it more time. Price wise I would say its maybe a little high (??) but if your prepared to take offers its perhaps not too far off. Maybe try £7995 as an incentive?

Maybe I've just ben lucky with other cars I've sold, 3 weeks just seems a long time!

Price too steep, there's plenty out there at around £7k

Yeah price is top side. Looking to buy my 130TDi Sport Avant when the lease expies in a couple of months. 54 plate with pushing 120,000 miles. They are looking for just over £6k for it. I know that's an exceptionally good deal and that thet are just looking to cover what they would get at the auction.

That said there is always someone out there that may take a bite if it is a clean car. Three weeks isn't long, give it a bit more time before you drop it. Good luck.

I think you are nearly entering S line territory there with your price, Ive seen a few go quite cheap lately.
Cars these days are alot harder to sell IMO, what with all these east finance deals flying about.

Give it more time though but consider dropping your price I reckon...

The problem with pricing a car at a 'mid' price means that a lot of buyers will only assume that they can get it for £7995, so if they don't want to pay £7995 then they simply won't buy it. So starting at £7995 will be a psychological price and will invite more buyers / bidders. However it really depends how much you are willing to pay for the car.