Why can't i sell my car!!!!???!!!!!

jarrin

Reaction score
I need sum help, i've been advertising my Audi A4 1998(R) for a while now and i aint received 1 call about it!!!! Here's the advert i put in autotrader:

1998 AUDI A4 1.8 4dr Saloon, 5spd Manual, Petrol, Red, R Reg. FSH, 9mths Tax, MOT Nov04, 2 owners from new, PAS, ABS, E/S/R, E/M, C/Locking, Twin Airbags, Alarm/Immobiliser, P-I Sports suspension setup (shocks + springs), Audi Alloy wheels (not Alloys in pic - these are neg seperate), Recently fitted new front brake disks + pads, C/Coded bumpers. 109k motorway miles.

I set the price to £3195 - Parkers book claims it to be worth about £3500 with that mileage on it so i felt £3195 is quite a low price. Can any help me as to why there aint any interest? I know 109k may seem a lot to some but i'm sure other ppl hav sold their's with a lot higher mileage!

any help much appreciated!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My advice would be to have the car re-MOTed for a year. This gives the private buyer some reassurance of the mechanical soundness of the car, even though in practice it means nothing.

Also put the correct Alloys on the car and take a photo with them on, therefore the eliminating the need to quote "Audi Alloy wheels (not Alloys in pic - these are neg seperate)", and also consider removing the reference to P-I Sports suspension.

The advert as it is would turn a lot of target buyers off as it makes it sound like a modified car which would put all but enthusiasts off, and I'm not sure that this car would appeal to that community anyway. You have to sell to the largest audience possible hence the need to make them feel it is as standard as possible.

Hope this helps.

I agree lose the reference to the sports supsension and big wheels. Email autotrader with a new pic minus the large wheels. An avarage guy with a familt is gonna think that if its had sports suspension and big wheels that its been thrashed most of its 109k miles. Think carefully about your target buyer. Maybe loose the reference to the new brakes too. a buyer will think at 109k miles that its probably not all that want replacing. Make sure that the car has appeared on the autotrader website. If for whatever reason its not there. Get em told (happened to me acouple of times and demand a discount on any further weeks ads). And last tip is stick it on ebay with a reasonable reserve with as many references in the title to yor car as poss and watch those bids come in. List the alooys seperately.Good luck!

Couldn't agree more. Get it looking as standard as possible, and revise the ad to match. If you're still stuggling after a couple of weeks, then you may have to drop to a bit less. Don't rush into it though; you might get a load of enquiries over the next couple of days. It's just how it goes.

Good luck.

Many thanks for all the info guys, will make the amendments asap. Will let u's know how it goes!!!!

PS: If u's know any1 in the Manchester area lookin for an A4 1.8 then point them in my direction! Also, i have a set of 18" OZ Crono's available for sale if u know any1 interested - prestine condition, no kerbage, tyres hav loadsa tread left. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I've included a close up pic of the OZ wheels

Sell the wheels separately on ebay, good OZ's seem to go for good money, sold mine for £400 and the tyres were knackered

how much u reckon i'd get 4 my OZ? paid £1200 for them about 9mth ago - u reckon about £750-£800?