1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whould you buy this colour car?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by slepy, Feb 17, 2012.

1. slepy

slepy Extremely smart and handsome person. VCDS Map User

[Feb 17, 2012]
    I'm searching and searching for a cheap quattro track car.
    Now there is this gold A4 TQS on ebay and it's cheap!
    I'm just not sure about the colour. In the end of day it would be a track car but what would you do with it?
    Black wheels, white,red? LOL really can't imagine how it would look like in reality.
    I would prefer silver one definitely but cheapest one on autotrader is £1995...
    Oh yes, and I'm superstitious so don't drive dark colour cars... (smashed 3 navy blue in a row)2000 AUDI A4 1.8T QUATTRO SPORT YELLOW | eBay
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Sulli79

Sulli79 Active Member

[Feb 17, 2012]
    Yes I would buy it! It is a proper minging colour, but for a track car its perfect! also if you stripped out the interior you could sell the recaro seats to Byzan.
  4. slepy

[Feb 17, 2012]
    black wheels, bonnet, roof? Or go mental with it and make it proper chav track car :)
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Feb 17, 2012]
    Silver really is the most boring color imaginable. Its taken over from 70's beige.

I dont like wishywashy colors. Proper shades of red/blue/black/yellow/green like those found on the S/RS models all look good, though i have to say blacks my personal favourite.

As for the gold, i'm not keen.

However having said all of that, its a track car, and for that, the LAST thing that matters is the bodywork. If you dont like the color then get a big tin of satin black and roller over it.
  6. audiv6quattro

audiv6quattro Member

[Feb 17, 2012]
    Colour is definatly an acquired taste, thing that makes me laugh is he try's to advertise it as YELLOW lol. But as everyone else says it's only going to be a track car so colour doesn't really matter
  7. slepy

[Feb 18, 2012]
    Thanks for your response guys.
    I did make yesterday a cheeky offer on a 2000 audi tt and it was accepted today
    so will need to pass on this B5 :)
  8. slepy

[Feb 19, 2012]
    I went today to see this TT that I made offer on on ebay.
    Pretty shocking outside. Scratched left side, rubbish tyres, shocking interior, airbag light on etc.
    Overall tired car but with (advertised) 150k miles I wasn't looking for anything better really.
    I could accept it but...
    Instead of 150k miles advertised it was close to 160k. Instead of having 2 months tax it had none.
    I asked the owner to start the car which he did. While he was starting it he revved it up.
    So I asked him if I can scan it with VCDS. Before doing so I turned the engine off and started it again.
    Barely started and died straight away. Again and the same. Third time with accelerator in the floor.
    Started but had to keep higher revs for a while so that it doesn't die.

So it was pretty obvious what was wrong with it.
    Still, scanned it and it did throw a lot of errors.
    Some of the ones I remember:
    - maf sensor
    - lambda sensor
    - xenon levelling sensor
    - passenger airbag high voltage
    and an interesting one
    - central locking engaged because of crash sensor ( can't remember exact words)

Although I would be prepared to fix this stuff myself, I was pretty pissed off that owner didn't write about this issues although he said that he asked on the forum and been told that his MAF might be dead.
    Another thing that looking at the passenger door, b pillar and rear wheel/tyre, it was pretty clear to me that car had been damaged before. So I walked away and travelled back home.

Now back to looking for a car. This gold one didn't sell so still might get it. Just need to find time to go to Leeds.