1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who's running avus 18's?

daz-20vt Mar 28, 2012

1. daz-20vt

daz-20vt Well-Known Member

Hi guys. after reading through so many of the s3 picture threads i was wondering who if anyone is running the 18 inch version of the standard wheel. so many cars have this style and i think the cars look awesome on them in these pics but when i look at mine i think they look small and boring. my car is a standard ride height at the moment but soon to change and they are the original bland finish not refurbed in a bright silver. could it be these things that make them look so different or are people using 18's? thanks guys. Daz

2. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Just remember the 18's were only fitted to the S4 (poss S6?) so required PCD adaptors to change the 5*112 to 5*100. IIRC someone did make 18 inch replicas in 8L fitment - but not sure if they are still made so you may struggle to find them. Ride height will definitely have an effect on the look - not sure about the colour.

18's seem to be the most popular wheel size - still a bit of give in the tyre sidewall so the ride is hard but not terrible. I've got 18 inch OZs on mine.

3. daz-20vt

daz-20vt Well-Known Member

Yeh i must admit i prefer the thought of 18's but for the money you get better tryes on the 17's. im definately having a mental battle with myself about this but i like the wheels. maybe its the pictures? i guess no ones running them in 18 really then?

4. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum