Who's REVO stage 2 ?

If you don't mind saying what did the downpipe and decat set you back? Interested in having this done myself. ****** expensive this modding! Fancy some rs6 reps and having coilovers fitted!

Milltek sport cat down pipe was 870 then you've got fitting and 60 for the S/W upgrade to stage 2 ...... then the intercooler !!! Been running stage 1 for 15,000 miles now so was ready for more power LoL.

Reactions: pburv, MikeParkin, S3 Turbo and 1 other person
Saw this yesterday, suggests that Revo are close to bringing out a TCU tune for stage 2 which I'm VERY interested in :-

IMG 1074

Would also be interested in the cost of this turbo the competing TTE470 I think it is costs around £1,300 .... could be tempting requires stage 2 hardware .....

Reactions: pburv and MikeParkin
The next step @Rob2k68 haha I saw this and I want it now.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
TCU remap and SPS Pro for me next...
(Although I've just been talking to REVO dealer about the requirements and costs for stage 2 hardware upgrades)
:sos:

Reactions: pburv, MikeParkin and Rob2k68
TCU remap and SPS Pro for me next...
(Although I've just been talking to REVO dealer about the requirements and costs for stage 2 hardware upgrades)
:sos:

I lasted 15k miles on stage 1 but couldn't resist the temptation any longer. With you all the way on the TCU map, did your dealer know anything about release dates at all ?

Reactions: pburv and sjbarneS3
I lasted 15k miles on stage 1 but couldn't resist the temptation any longer. With you all the way on the TCU map, did your dealer know anything about release dates at all ?
No dates - just said they expected it sooner rather than later...

Stage 3 is on the horizon now haha, de-cat tomorrow then I'll sort my stage 2 next week can't wait.

There's not a lot about Revo on here so maybe we can start something @Rob2k68 @sjbarneS3

Reactions: Revo Steve-W, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Stage 3 is on the horizon now haha, de-cat tomorrow then I'll sort my stage 2 next week can't wait.

There's not a lot about Revo on here so maybe we can start something @Rob2k68 @sjbarneS3

Good luck tomorrow with the decat Mike - looking at the original one that came off mine it's a bit of a monster. Actually looking forward to the drive to work Monday haha

Having my intercooler fitted Friday, £200 for fitting which I didn't think was too bad saves me messing about and it'll take care of any re-gas or re-data logging of the map in one hit.

Reactions: MikeParkin and pburv
Good luck tomorrow with the decat Mike - looking at the original one that came off mine it's a bit of a monster. Actually looking forward to the drive to work Monday haha

Having my intercooler fitted Friday, £200 for fitting which I didn't think was too bad saves me messing about and it'll take care of any re-gas or re-data logging of the map in one hit.
just slightly off topic Rob....
What you going to do with your car come end of pcp deal? You going to keep or what? :friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68
just slightly off topic Rob....
What you going to do with your car come end of pcp deal? You going to keep or what? :friends:

Haven't thought that far ahead mate, It'll be out of warranty by then so that's no longer an issue for the second owner - I don't think a garage would be too fussed about it being modded. Hopefully either a garage or private buyer will see an extremely well maintained spoiled car with mods that have sorted out some of the short comings that the original car has. I've kept every receipt showing oil changes, services, any replacement parts, mods and have recorded what mod was done at what mileage and even have every petrol receipt showing that it's only ever had Tesco Momentum. Although it's my play thing I certainly don't rag it day in day out but would say I occasionally drive it in a spirited manner - I've only ever used the launch control once !!. I know not everyone's cup of tea and generally splits opinion but I'm not too concerned to be honest.

Reactions: pburv
Haven't thought that far ahead mate, It'll be out of warranty by then so that's no longer an issue for the second owner - I don't think a garage would be too fussed about it being modded. Hopefully either a garage or private buyer will see an extremely well maintained spoiled car with mods that have sorted out some of the short comings that the original car has. I've kept every receipt showing oil changes, services, any replacement parts, mods and have recorded what mod was done at what mileage and even have every petrol receipt showing that it's only ever had Tesco Momentum. Although it's my play thing I certainly don't rag it day in day out but would say I occasionally drive it in a spirited manner - I've only ever used the launch control once !!. I know not everyone's cup of tea and generally splits opinion but I'm not too concerned to be honest.
That's great Rob...You're in it for the long haul...lol.It's certainly a cracking car....Just wish I had the 'cajones' to go down that route..:friends:
Won't be long before you will be knocking on the door of the up and coming RS3 in bhp terms..:rock:

Reactions: MikeParkin and Rob2k68
That's great Rob...You're in it for the long haul...lol.It's certainly a cracking car....Just wish I had the 'cajones' to go down that route..:friends:
Won't be long before you will be knocking on the door of the up and coming RS3 in bhp terms..:rock:

Yeah should be very competitive but slightly lighter than the new RS3 :superman:

Thinking I'll keep mine for another couple of years until the end of the 4 year PCP then wait for the next gen A/S/RS3 when hopefully they've sorted the handling out and gave it a complete refresh.

Yeah should be very competitive but slightly lighter than the new RS3 :superman:

Thinking I'll keep mine for another couple of years until the end of the 4 year PCP then wait for the next gen A/S/RS3 when hopefully they've sorted the handling out and gave it a complete refresh.
It's going to be a long wait ....Can you handle it ...lol:scared2:

Actually thinking about the numbers of stage 3 it offers much better bhp/£ than stage 2. From what I've seen of the TTE/MRC package you get 3x the power increase for around 2/3rds the cost of stage 2.

I'm getting stage 2 software installed on Saturday and then fitting down pipe on Sunday. I'm having Revos lower tourqe map to assist in reducing clutch slip etc. So I'll let you know how things go.

How did you get on with the downpipe Mike ?

It's on! The sound the car makes now is actually awesome. The engine sounds great and the exhaust note is just right. When you give it some it's loud enough to make you smile. All the mods that I have done, like you, just make it so much better.

It only really to 2 hours to do, most of that time was trying to get the cat out from the small gap given when it's all loose ( swearing most of the time ).

I'm really looking forward to switching the stage 2 on and seeing how it goes. I'm only imagining that it will be crazy quick and I'll be happy for a while @Rob2k68.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjbarneS3, pburv and Rob2k68
It's on! The sound the car makes now is actually awesome. The engine sounds great and the exhaust not is just right. When you give it some it's loud enough to make you smile. All the mods that I have done, like you, just make it so much better.

It only really to 2 hours to do, most of that time was trying to get the cat out from the small gap given when it's all loose ( swearing most of the time ).

I'm really looking forward to switching the stage 2 on and seeing how it goes. I'm only imagining that it will be crazy quick and I'll be happy for a while @Rob2k68.

Big kudos doing it yourself mate well done !!!!!

So when's switch on day ? - more exciting than the Christmas lights LoL

I'm expecting it to be sub 10 degrees at silly o clock when I go to work in the morning so should give me a taste of what's to come when the intercooler is fitted.

Absolutely unbelievable how you can make these cars sing !! Mine still sounds stock with the catted DP so I can imagine how a little bit more adds to the driving experience maybe a full system at some point but stage 3 may come first - be rude not to now after all this effort LoL !!

Reactions: sjbarneS3, pburv and MikeParkin
Like I've said before mate it's not hard just have to take your time ha.

It's like a full system to be honest and it really does sound like a deeper and throatier stock version until you rev it and give it some. I'm over the moon with it and it just how I wanted it.

Did you just have your car flashed and no dyno @Rob2k68

I did mate yes, they don't have one where I had the DP fitted.

Once the IC is fitted then I'll get it in somewhere for some numbers. Without the IC the second run would be down on power due to the ECU throttling back as the heat builds up.

A few more miles today, it's definitely a slightly sportier sounding exhaust tone which I like and there's more power everywhere especially north of 3,000rpm as per the graph shows :-

IMG 1089

Reactions: Forbzeeee and pburv
A few more miles today, it's definitely a slightly sportier sounding exhaust tone which I like and there's more power everywhere especially north of 3,000rpm as per the graph shows :-

View attachment 105529
You should be looking at roughly 360 ish bhp then Rob?......Very tidy indeed.....
Do you reckon there will be a noticeable difference between Tesco's Momentum and Shell's V Power with these tune's?

You should be looking at roughly 360 ish bhp then Rob?......Very tidy indeed.....
Do you reckon there will be a noticeable difference between Tesco's Momentum and Shell's V Power with these tune's?

I'm hoping for 400+ bhp when the intercooler has been fitted mate - the graph above is wheel horse power so engine power minus transmission loss. 99 and 98 Ron shouldn't be anything in it I wouldn't have thought. The remap is specific to what fuel grade you use so I have the full fat remap ;o)

Had a Revo Stage 2 car with Wagner cooler, full exhaust, intake etc on the Dyno last week. It made 375bhp which is the highest to date. It then made 403 with a custom map.

Rick

Reactions: Forbzeeee and Rob2k68
Just to say there is nothing wrong with the Revo map at all, it's a great product. But obviously it isn't the same as having your car individually optimised.

Rick

Think I'll be getting mine sorted this week so should get some results.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.
Well, switch day is today but no dyno as the dealer wanted a further £75 for it. I can go somewhere else for a dyno and is half the price. After all I'm not chasing figures so I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

I have my son taking it for switch over so I'll have his thoughts on it, he has a Mk2 RS Focus Revo stage 4. He might want a S3 after today.

Well, switch day is today but no dyno as the dealer wanted a further £75 for it. I can go somewhere else for a dyno and is half the price. After all I'm not chasing figures so I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

I have my son taking it for switch over so I'll have his thoughts on it, he has a Mk2 RS Focus Revo stage 4. He might want a S3 after today.

How's full power mode feel Mike ?

Reactions: pburv

That Focus package makes around 370bhp on my Dyno. They make way less than people think as they usually climb the front roller.

Rick

How's full power mode feel Mike ?

I haven't had the pleasure of driving it yet @Rob2k68 ha looking foreword to it though.

That Focus package makes around 370bhp on my Dyno. They make way less than people think as they usually climb the front roller.

Rick

Well his made 397bhp and 425ftlbs that was at Evo time in Durham @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. Its the dyno battle of who's gets more power than who's some are making more than others.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv