Who's got or had a mk1 TT quattro sport?

DeanoC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm looking to pick one up as a toy in a few months. What do people think of them compared to the competition - 350z, z4 etc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've got one, only done 29k. I bought it when I had a diesel XF as a weekend sunny day car.
I think they are a good fun car, trouble is now I have the RS4 it doesn't get out much. The RS4 does everything as you well know.
The values seem to be rising especially for low mileage mint ones
I can't compare it to the cars you mentioned as I have never driven them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiSpy and DeanoC
I've got one, only done 29k. I bought it when I had a diesel XF as a weekend sunny day car.
I think they are a good fun car, trouble is now I have the RS4 it doesn't get out much. The RS4 does everything as you well know.
The values seem to be rising especially for low mileage mint ones
I can't compare it to the cars you mentioned as I have never driven them.

No way! Love that. Yea i don't think you'd lose money now or in the future

There's nothing on the market at the moment, or has been for a while, with the history and mileage this has got.
Volkswizard have a mint one with 2k miles but want £20k for it. That has only had two services in its life apart from the work they have just done to it to recommission it.
The garage in NI have had some nice ones and currently have a Misano one with 40 or 50k miles and want £15k for it. They do seem to prep their cars well.
It all depends what you want to do with it but I would say you would be looking at around £10k for a nice one with towards 100k miles.

Reactions: DeanoC
There's nothing on the market at the moment, or has been for a while, with the history and mileage this has got.
Volkswizard have a mint one with 2k miles but want £20k for it. That has only had two services in its life apart from the work they have just done to it to recommission it.
The garage in NI have had some nice ones and currently have a Misano one with 40 or 50k miles and want £15k for it. They do seem to prep their cars well.
It all depends what you want to do with it but I would say you would be looking at around £10k for a nice one with towards 100k miles.

Yea i was looking to be into one for 12-15k.

That is probably realistic at the moment, there are a few cars that have been around for a while though and don't seem to be selling.
It's like anything if it is good it will always sell!

If you are going to get one make sure it has the pole position Recaro seats, not all cars came with them. Or some previous owners have swapped them because they found them uncomfortable. Air con delete was a no cost option some cars have it others don't. Essentially it's a 225 with a mild remap and some weight saving. Moved the battery to the boot for better weight distribution .
They are an appreciating classic and anybody who owns one usually knows this so the prices can be quite steep.
There are many comparison tests with other similar cars. Usually the 225TT rather than the QS240 though.
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2003-audi-tt-quattro-roadster-page-2
http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=301457

If you are going to get one make sure it has the pole position Recaro seats, not all cars came with them. Or some previous owners have swapped them because they found them uncomfortable. Air con delete was a no cost option some cars have it others don't. Essentially it's a 225 with a mild remap and some weight saving. Moved the battery to the boot for better weight distribution .
They are an appreciating classic and anybody who owns one usually knows this so the prices can be quite steep.
There are many comparison tests with other similar cars. Usually the 225TT rather than the QS240 though.
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2003-audi-tt-quattro-roadster-page-2
http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=301457
Thank you. Yea it sure needs the seats!

Another thing I found was because of the Recaros they can have a few owners. People just can't get on with them.
I find them very comfortable but if you are constantly getting in and out of them it can be a bit tiresome.
I am the 7th owner of my car and I nearly didn't even consider it because of this, but after speaking to the owner it was worth a look. Am I glad I did! It is all original paint, apart from the roof rails as this is a very common corrosion point. They are aluminium and the paint bubbles if the prep isn't 100%
I haven't ever see one without air conditioning, it was a very rare option not to have. You could specify the comfort seats. The best way to tell if these are original is they should be heated and they were specific to the qS as they are alcantara and leather.
The Recaros can fetch £1500 so as said above often these got sold.
The qS also had the front bumper with phantom black grills, rear spoiler extension and rear honeycomb defuser from the V6 3.2.
In the original brochure it said the qS would have the brakes from the 3.2 as well but they are the same as the 225 but painted red.

Another thing I found was because of the Recaros they can have a few owners. People just can't get on with them.
I find them very comfortable but if you are constantly getting in and out of them it can be a bit tiresome.
I am the 7th owner of my car and I nearly didn't even consider it because of this, but after speaking to the owner it was worth a look. Am I glad I did! It is all original paint, apart from the roof rails as this is a very common corrosion point. They are aluminium and the paint bubbles if the prep isn't 100%
I haven't ever see one without air conditioning, it was a very rare option not to have. You could specify the comfort seats. The best way to tell if these are original is they should be heated and they were specific to the qS as they are alcantara and leather.
The Recaros can fetch £1500 so as said above often these got sold.
The qS also had the front bumper with phantom black grills, rear spoiler extension and rear honeycomb defuser from the V6 3.2.
In the original brochure it said the qS would have the brakes from the 3.2 as well but they are the same as the 225 but painted red.

Gteat intel thanks mate

Anything else give me a shout or if you are ever up my way again with your lad come and have a look!

Anything else give me a shout or if you are ever up my way again with your lad come and have a look!

I actually am this sat at another fight

Where abouts? Same as before?
Drop me a WhatsApp if you like.

Appreciating classic for sure. A sensible place to put money rather than in the bank in my opinion. Happy hunting!